2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

5 minutes ago, John232 said:

If we deal the second and get back a 3rd or 4th it'd be a lot easier to stomach. But yeah..I don't think that second should be parted with lightly.. It's so close to the first that it's a great tradeup piece, besides just being an early pick. 

This has gotta involve Solomon or Armstead, just cant picture the Niners selecting Bosa or Williams and having Armstead, Solomon, Dee and Buckner still on the line.If none of them are involved in the trade, gotta think the Niners are trading back in the draft

8 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Yeah, wouldn't want to give up more than a third, but i have a feeling its an second. Really wanted our 1st and 2nd pick as building blocks this year, lots of talent will fall into the early second.

Wonder if Armstead, Solomon or Breida would be packaged with a 3rd rounder

We should trade them a second next year. If we're to gamble on a guy like Ford, they should gamble on our second round pick next year being either high or low.

2 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

This has gotta involve Solomon or Armstead, just cant picture the Niners selecting Bosa or Williams and having Armstead, Solomon, Dee and Buckner still on the line.If none of them are involved in the trade, gotta think the Niners are trading back in the draft

They are moving to a 4-3, so Armstead wouldn't really fit. Plus, the guys they have on the ends now are kind the same player. 

Just now, StevenK said:

If we get rid of our 2nd round pick for Ford, does anyone think we may miss out on the top receivers of this class and may over pay for T. Williams? 

We aren't going to give up our second. Can almost guarantee that. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

They are moving to a 4-3, so Armstead wouldn't really fit. Plus, the guys they have on the ends now are kind the same player. 

Well, I see Armstead, Solomon and Buckner as great rotation inside...do not want to see Armstead or Solly outside anymore....that would leave Bosa as the pick or a trade back.

I think Buckner+Armstead inside and Buckner+Solly inside are both disruptive rotations

Just now, rudyZ said:

I think it's pretty obvious the other teams in the NFL are afraid of us becoming too good for the rest of the league, so they refuse to trade with us. Bill Belichik did, but that's just because he plans to buy a house in the Bay Area once he retires.

Just becoming a recurring theme. 

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

Then we sign bell? Jk. Seeing that we were are looking for CBs then maybe Witherspoon?

One of the original rumors was that Breida was part of the deal for Everson Griffen. Obviously that would be off the table with Dee Ford in the mix, but who knows. Maybe we are looking to unload a running back (I could see us having a lot of interest in Coleman given Shanny's familiarity with him) 

Archived