2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

Just now, Forge said:

I wouldn't love the fit at all, but yeah, he'd be better than Colbert / Ward more than likely. 

Yeah..he doesn't strike me as a cover 3 center fielder..but nor does Ward or Colbert anymore. 

3 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Have a Molson and take a deep breath, these were not connected other than the fact that they are both extremely Canadian. 

What if I'd rather have a Labbatt!? They used to sponsor the Expos. 

Just now, John232 said:

Yeah..he doesn't strike me as a cover 3 center fielder..but nor does Ward or Colbert anymore. 

At least he has ball skills though. That alone makes him an improvement over those two, even if he'd get cranked out in deep coverage. 

4 minutes ago, dan77733 said:

Oh wow. That's not too bad is it? Watched KC play during this last season and he played extremely well. Reminds me of when I wanted Justin Houston years ago. LOL. Contract doesn't sound too bad either.

The trade is fine value. It's the same as if we gave up this years third (provided we have a reasonably decent season next year). The extension was pegged almost exactly by @N4L and myself, so it was definitely right in line with what was expected. 

Just now, 757-NINER said:

I could stomach losing ET to the Cowboys...but to Cleveland???

Yeah, but they are about to win the super bowl lol. We are a few years from the playoffs lol

I could stomach losing ET to the Cowboys...but to Cleveland???

Total opposite for me. At least it's not the Boys or Rams. 

Really though, who tf else is HaHa going to sign with?? Arizona?

Boston wouldn't be a bad signing. I think he's underrated. Maybe not the ball-hawk you covet but he's pretty solid and won't give up the bonehead big plays like most of our guys did all season long. 

He's got decent ball skills. That wouldn't be my concern with him. He's got a nose for hte football...much better than when he was younger. But I'd be super concerned about him playing a single high role. He'd be a great fit for someone like Fangio who crosses them up a lot and will use 2 high. 

Archived