2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

Just now, Forge said:

He's got decent ball skills. That wouldn't be my concern with him. He's got a nose for hte football...much better than when he was younger. But I'd be super concerned about him playing a single high role. He'd be a great fit for someone like Fangio who crosses them up a lot and will use 2 high. 

Honestly, I just wish we'd play more cover 2 anyways. Tartt looks really good at times playing his half deep. Having two guys like that is something that should be leaned on. Boston just doesn't have the range for a cover 3.

4 minutes ago, John232 said:

Total opposite for me. At least it's not the Boys or Rams. 

Really though, who tf else is HaHa going to sign with?? Arizona?

If San Diego was in on Earl, I'd imagine they'd be somewhat interested in Ha-Ha. I think that there are some options out there for sure. 

I know we are talking about safety right now, but wasn’t there something that came out that mentioned we are more interested in signing a corner first? Possibly Desir, I think his name came out when we are talking with Roby too 

My guess is we don't even try to sign a starting safety. Maybe we'll bring in a back-up type, then try to draft someone. We, as fans, perceive safety as a big need, but I suspect our FO doesn't necessarily share that perception. 

Just now, Gore Whore 21 said:

I hope we still make a move for Darby. 

My preference still Desir, but I would have taken Darby over Roby, so I'm fine with that if we choose Darby. Desir may honestly price himself out of our range if we really aren't looking to pay more than 9

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just read Cleveland is in talks to bring him in, nothing about it was close to being done or anything. Maybe I missed something? 

The original tweet was that they were "close" on a three year deal. JLC tweeted that the Browns felt good about their chances and are going hard after him.

Honestly, may have never really been in play for us. If we went after him, doesn't seem like we did so very hard, tbh. We haven't been tied to any safeties so far as I know. Seems like the staff just hasn't considered it as big of a problem as we have. I'm sure they are looking into it in some regard, just seems like maybe it was lower down the priority list. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The original tweet was that they were "close" on a three year deal. JLC tweeted that the Browns felt good about their chances and are going hard after him.

Honestly, may have never really been in play for us. If we went after him, doesn't seem like we did so very hard, tbh. We haven't been tied to any safeties so far as I know. Seems like the staff just hasn't considered it as big of a problem as we have. I'm sure they are looking into it in some regard, just seems like maybe it was lower down the priority list. 

Maybe they reconvert Tavarius Moore? Or play Tartt there and grab a box guy in the draft? It better not have been the options we saw last year. Those were bad.

Archived