2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

The original tweet was that they were "close" on a three year deal. JLC tweeted that the Browns felt good about their chances and are going hard after him.

Honestly, may have never really been in play for us. If we went after him, doesn't seem like we did so very hard, tbh. We haven't been tied to any safeties so far as I know. Seems like the staff just hasn't considered it as big of a problem as we have. I'm sure they are looking into it in some regard, just seems like maybe it was lower down the priority list. 

Apparently that story was really sketchy. Or the source was. 

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

Apparently that story was really sketchy. Or the source was. 

I could believe that. I had never heard of the guy that was used to source. JLC did back it up to an extent, but just said that they feel good about their chances. Didn't say that they were close or anything. 

So there would at least appear to still be a window for us to snag him, but I Think we need ot make that the priority and go after him hard. 

Just now, PapaShogun said:

HaHa Clinton-Dix is available. 

Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix being available and Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix being pursued and signed are two different things. If you hear of the latter, I would be gladdened to hear it.

1 minute ago, JIllg said:

Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix being available and Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix being pursued and signed are two different things. If you hear of the latter, I would be gladdened to hear it.

Well, you could say that about anyone. Especially this early into FA. My post is to imply that it's a possibility that the 49ers are going after him. How do you know they aren't in discussions? 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I could believe that. I had never heard of the guy that was used to source. JLC did back it up to an extent, but just said that they feel good about their chances. Didn't say that they were close or anything. 

So there would at least appear to still be a window for us to snag him, but I Think we need ot make that the priority and go after him hard. 

I'm assuming t his Ford deal was taking up a lot of our FO's real estate the last two days if not more. I'd imagine ET is getting a lot more attention now. 

13 minutes ago, John232 said:

I'm worried that Clinton Dix may be team friendly with the Skins. He and Collins were running mates at Bama iirc. 

I'm wondering if he doesn't end up on a one year prove it deal somewhere. He was not good last year

Just now, Forge said:

I was a tad off on the guarantees, said 40. Still, his contract is nearly exactly what I thought

We will notch it down in this little book for your future GM resume. 

Archived