2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So remember Kawakami's report on the buzz in Indy about OBJ and how he heard Lynch and the crew were aggressive in a few other trades? Yeah, looks like he had it right in even if we didn't end up with OBJ. 

Are you hearing about an offer we made?

To say I'm happy we were not the team who traded for OBJ would be a understatement. Like I've said before, I get the appeal but I much prefer we use the draft to build up the WR room. Say what you want about other positions, Shanny & Lynch seem to have a eye for spotting receiving talent. From Kittle to Pettis, they seem to have a bead on what this offense requires and how certain skill-sets translate to this scheme. Go out and sign a decent Z(I'm thinking a guy like Kearse at this point) and find you another WR in the draft and we'll be more than fine. 

Adrian Amos (from Bears to Packers) and Lamarcus Joyner (from Rams to Raiders) were the other top-end free safeties in the market. But it doesn’t appear the 49ers were ever in the running, at least seriously, when it came to the top free safeties. That may have been a concoction of the media … and Richard Sherman, who was dutifully trying to prime the market for his buddy.

Team officials spent the last few months talking up free agent Jimmie Ward. I’m not saying he’s definitely coming back, but the percentages are becoming more favorable.

Per barrows

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Team officials spent the last few months talking up free agent Jimmie Ward. I’m not saying he’s definitely coming back, but the percentages are becoming more favorable

Per barrows

meh x infinity

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Team officials spent the last few months talking up free agent Jimmie Ward. I’m not saying he’s definitely coming back, but the percentages are becoming more favorable.

Please don't talk up Jimmie Ward unless it is to sell an unlikely bag of goods. :(

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

If we don't get Earl which probably makes sense with us needing to extend Buckner. Would treat Boston be the next best choice?

Buckner isn't signing this year. No reason for him to. Money still wouldn't be an be an issue to sign Earl even if he did

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

If we don't get Earl which probably makes sense with us needing to extend Buckner. Would tre Boston be the next best choice?

I’m not a big fan of Boston personally. We could make a love for someone in the draft. I think there is plenty of safety talent in this draft. Deionte Thompson could be available in the 2nd maaaaybe 3rd round. Could be a target for us.

Just now, Gore Whore 21 said:

I’m not a big fan of Boston personally. We could make a love for someone in the draft. I think there is plenty of safety talent in this draft. Deionte Thompson could be available in the 2nd maaaaybe 3rd round. Could be a target for us.

I like some of these players as well, but you take this too far!

Archived