2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Buckner isn't signing this year. No reason for him to. Money still wouldn't be an be an issue to sign Earl even if he did

He could get hurt and his value looking forward would plummet. It's a bit of a gamble, I would think. 

2 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

He could get hurt and his value looking forward would plummet. It's a bit of a gamble, I would think. 

Not really. We just gave an of ball linebacker coming off an acl tear the richest (temporarily) contract in NFL history for an off ball linebacker. He's going to get paid even if he tears an acl, especially from us. 

The only real risk would be a shazier type injury, and those are extremely rare

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, I say we give the Bengals a call and see if there is a way we can get Green. That team is no man's land and we may be able to get him for a 2nd. 

I brought this up forever ago. It's interesting because I don't know what his value would be. I'm not sure it's that high, and Cincy may want more. Three only concern I would have is that his value to them is much more than his market value, so there wouldn't be a compromise range

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, I say we give the Bengals a call and see if there is a way we can get Green. That team is no man's land and we may be able to get him for a 2nd. 

3M cap hit for the Bengals on the last year of his contract (12.2M to be earned) coming off toe ligament repair.

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

I brought this up forever ago. It's interesting because I don't know what his value would be. I'm not sure it's that high, and Cincy may want more. Three only concern I would have is that his value to them is much more than his market value, so there wouldn't be a compromise range

Will they want to sign him after this season? Reason I would like to take the risk is even if we can't re-sign him, we should come away with a solid compensation pick. And if he re-signs? Great! 

This is a move they should look into. May be able to get him with a 3rd. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Will they want to sign him after this season? Reason I would like to take the risk is even if we can't re-sign him, we should come away with a solid compensation pick. And if he re-signs? Great! 

This is a move they should look into. May be able to get him with a 3rd. 

I'd definitely look into it. Especially at a third. I'd go ahead and give them Goodwin too

Minor note...I wonder who our punter is going to be. I know he's got a mouth on him, but Marquette King is out there. He's had some good years.

I'm assuming that we re-sign Locke and grab a underrated free agent for competition. Maybe Jake Bailey. He handled kickoffs in college, and I think that is important for us

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We were never going to sign him lol. Just agents feeding reporters stuff to up his value. 

Yeah, didn't really makes sense. Like I said a number of pages back, not a move I would have made anyway. I still don't understand the utter hatred for the move especially given his price tag, but I share the same sentiment as most on here regarding the RB position. 

6 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Yeah, didn't really makes sense. Like I said a number of pages back, not a move I would have made anyway. I still don't understand the utter hatred for the move especially given his price tag, but I share the same sentiment as most on here regarding the RB position. 

Actually we did make a push for him. Surely that money couldn't be better used with a certain safety….. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Actually we did make a push for him. Surely that money couldn't be better used with a certain safety….. 

Well we moved on Dee Ford very quickly after the OBJ trade went through, hopefully we shift our focus to Earl now that Bell is off the market. 

Archived