2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Actually we did make a push for him. Surely that money couldn't be better used with a certain safety….. 

It could be, but why not pay 23 million to to running backs when the best one moving forward could be a udfa making 500k. Makes sense

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This goes back to what I said a few days ago, Shanny REALLY values pass protection and receiving from his backs. More than their actual running ability. 

Maybe we go after Ingram? 

I have a feeling Ingram is heading to Baltimore 

This goes back to what I said a few days ago, Shanny REALLY values pass protection and receiving from his backs. More than their actual running ability. 

Maybe we go after Ingram? 

I'm still thinking Coleman, just out of familiarity

But Breida is basically Coleman and neither are great receivers. He's looking for THAT. 

Then why Ingram? Definitely not his forte. Just to be clear, he's not bad. Just not his specially

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Then why Ingram? Definitely not his forte. Just to be clear, he's not bad. Just not his specially

I mean who else is available? And Ingram is good in pass protection and superior to both Breida and Coleman in the passing game. To me I don't get why we are after RBs anyways. See what McKinnon can do and Breida/Mostert held it down this year anyways. Draft one late if you want a RB so badly. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean who else is available? And Ingram is good in pass protection and superior to both Breida and Coleman in the passing game. To me I don't get why we are after RBs anyways. See what McKinnon can do and Breida/Mostert held it down this year anyways. Draft one late if you want a RB so badly. 

On that we can agree. Makes absolutely no sense to me.  Breida and mostert legitimately averaged 5.3 and 7.7 pretty carry last year lol. You want a pass catcher, that's three one thing McKinnon does very well. We shouldn't have been looking at this market at all.

Really concerned about our roster building tendencies and priorities

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

On that we can agree. Makes absolutely no sense to me.  Breida and mostert legitimately averaged 5.3 and 7.7 pretty carry last year lol. You want a pass catcher, that's three one thing McKinnon does very well. We should have been looking at this market at all.

Really concerned about our roster building tendencies and priorities

They want to give Jimmy G weapons which is fine, but going after OBJ makes sense, but paying a RB 14M does not. I hope they make a serious push at ET tomorrow who was/is the best FA on the market at our most needed position. 

As for getting Darby, it could work since we are to only likely offer a one year deal anyways. Darby isn't getting more than two years with his injury history anyways. 

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm still thinking Coleman, just out of familiarity

Remember Shanahan always says if we can replace anyone with a better player they will look into it regardless of position. He also said only position that is locked is QB. I don't think we actually go after another back 

Archived