2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

27 minutes ago, John232 said:

Just dumbfounded we’re going to seriously run wirh AC/Ward or a rookie. 

Really not shocked at this point to be honest. I have serious questions about this regime's roster building priorities. 

16 minutes ago, John232 said:

tbf though..this is way more money than what was being reported for him. I can sort of see why the 49ers wouldn't want to touch this.

Would love HaHa on a 1 year prove it deal or Boston for a short term deal. 

I was throwing out 4/60. Anything less than that we should have been on top of. 15 was slightly at the top of the market, and on a 4 year deal, there's no way anything more than the first 2 years is guaranteed. So a 4/60 is likely to be more of a 2/30, which is absolutely fine. We were stupid for not being in on that 

Just now, Forge said:

Really not shocked at this point to be honest. I have serious questions about this regime's roster building priorities. 

Yup. their priorities are...just..really confusing. Maybe we come out of this With Boston or HaHa and then I'll feel fine about it. Maybe they spend 36 on a rookie..sure, that's understandable, going with youth and team control. But that's terrifying given how much responsibility the FS has in our scheme and they've done a pretty terrible job at coaching the position up. 

They can still do something and I'll be happy with the FO, but the options are dwindling fast. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I was throwing out 4/60. Anything less than that we should have been on top of. 15 was slightly at the top of the market, and on a 4 year deal, there's no way anything more than the first 2 years is guaranteed. So a 4/60 is likely to be more of a 2/30, which is absolutely fine. We were stupid for not being in on that 

Yeah, ultimately, I'm pretty discouraged. I wouldn't have minded an overpay. 

The other thing though..we just never know how interested someone is in signing with us. Maybe we did make that offer? We'll never know. Regardless, we should have been in the conversation much more than we were. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

The only thing that may have been a real sticking point is the 22 million up front. not sure the 49ers would have been able to match that with 34 million left and still probably wanting to make moves. 

2 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

If we can get outta this with Darby/Desir and Kearse, I would be decently happy. EDGE, WR, Safety with first 3 picks in the draft...we could have the pieces in place. We shall see

That safety position would still be a black hole. Especially when Tartt inevitably ends up on IR. Kearse is an okay depth piece, and I understand that signing as it makes sense (he'd play the Z role), but he's certainly not a playmaker and really doesn't move the needle. 

Darby / Desir would be nice though. 

1 minute ago, John232 said:

Maybe we did make that offer? We'll never know.

I think this alone is a lot what's gone down. We really don't know the inner schemes carried out, and the frustration leaks out in here. It's a 2 way street, really. Just because the F/O reaches out, it doesn't mean players are going to dumbly nod and sign on the dotted line. No one is going to have the same exact value on player to player, or how they fit. The only way to really be content is to go buy your own damn team, or insert the Madden disc. :P 

Just now, oldman9er said:

I think this alone is a lot what's gone down. We really don't know the inner schemes carried out, and the frustration leaks out in here. It's a 2 way street, really. Just because the F/O reaches out, it doesn't mean players are going to dumbly nod and sign on the dotted line. No one is going to have the same exact value on player to player, or how they fit. The only way to really be content is to go buy your own damn team, or insert the Madden disc. :P 

Yeah and thie FO has been incredibly tight lipped. Unfortunately, like you said, this isn't Madden. Onto the next option. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Alright, so we miss out on ET and OBJ? Big deal, time to turn our attention to that corner from Jacksonville!!! 2019 first round swaps plus 2020 1st rounder? Who says no?

Honestly, probably me lol. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

That safety position would still be a black hole. Especially when Tartt inevitably ends up on IR. Kearse is an okay depth piece, and I understand that signing as it makes sense (he'd play the Z role), but he's certainly not a playmaker and really doesn't move the needle. 

Darby / Desir would be nice though. 

I think we have seen flashes between M. Harris/Tartt/ Colbert, they just haven't put together a complete solid season. Adding a veteran presence would be great, but i think we have the talent there as long as they make the 2nd/3rd year strides. Im not horribly worried if we solidify our CB position.

Kearse, I can see him succeeding in a limited role, he is a receiver that seems to always somehow get open. He also hasn't had great QB play since Seattle, so I would be interested to see what he can do in a dynamic offense that has a good QB.

Archived