2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

I wonder if the Niners feel better about Colbert than the fans and don't want to block him from playing time. I can see us targeting a safety in the 2nd or 3rd round depending on who falls to our 2nd round pick. If Adderley falls to us, I'd be really hard pressed to pass on him.

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

Adrian Phillips and George Illoka would be other solid bargain options at FS. 

Exactly what I wanted...to bargain bin our needs again LOL. 

I too would like to have signed ET, but NEVER at that price! The Ravens got fleeced! 

I was initially dismayed at the Alexander signing, but liking it more and more....it is a very team-friendly contract. Paraag strikes again!

Now the real FA crown is Dee Ford! Love the trade for him! 

So, while they may not have done exactly what we wanted, we have already improved in need areas.

ITS TIME TO CHANGE OUR DEFENSIVE SCHEME ON THE BACK END

1) We play the 'seattle' cover 3 in which the FS is essentially the most important position because it puts so much strain on that player to be everywhere at once

2) We don't have a FS who can play this role effectively 

therefore lets just not run this godforsaken scheme! Lets play more cover 2, cover 4, more man coverage. Lets not run a scheme we don't have the players to run!!

That will limit the need for a great FS and take an immense amount of pressure off of our corners. 

Just now, N4L said:

1) We play the 'seattle' cover 3 in which the FS is essentially the most important position because it puts so much strain on that player to be everywhere at once

therefore lets just not run this godforsaken scheme! Lets play more cover 2, cover 4, more man coverage. Lets not run a scheme we don't have the players to run!!

That will limit the need for a great FS and take an immense amount of pressure off of our corners. 

I kind of agree. If we aren't going to embrace that scheme fully, and put players who can succeed in the most important roles on that defense, just change the scheme. 

Just now, Forge said:

I kind of agree. If we aren't going to embrace that scheme fully, and put players who can succeed in the most important roles on that defense, just change the scheme. 

Aren't their stats on how oftne they ran coverages?  I feel like towards the end of the year, we just switched to Cover 2 and things worked out a lot better. 

1 minute ago, N4L said:

I thought I read somewhere that the Niners were going to be changing up the scheme on D? Maybe it was just about the Dline alignment, but I thought that included the secondary too. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, definitely good with him.

But who is this guy?

I just thought he was a twitter version of one of us with a following and a blog. But props to him if he's ahead of the curve on this. 

Just now, N4L said:

dunno man. I'm going back to young Tarvarius Moore. Draft a CB, and move him back to his best spot... range FS. He's got experience, length, and 4.32 speed for range. Just needs to be further coached up. 

Might be our best bet at this point, and it still doesn't take a day two S off the board.

Archived