Bentley & Burkhead to IR

IheartMyV8

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Me,

but what's this about Bento? The one defender who came out with any sort of glory 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24803176/new-england-patriots-place-rb-rex-burkhead-lb-jawhaun-bentley-ir

Bentley's final play Sunday came with 4:52 remaining in the fourth quarter, as he was charging to tackle running back Kerryon Johnson and guard T.J. Lang landed on top of him. Bentley stayed down for a moment, seemingly due to the force of the 315-pound Lang.

Ow?

Signed Kenjon Barner and John Simon...

Never been big on Simon, but he played well in Houston. Something is better than nothing.

Lots of trade speculation has to be brewing up. Would we trade for a RB? We have no guy to give carries to outside of Sony. We need to keep White as healthy as we can and just use him as the top receiving back.

I would bet my money on us signing Christine Michael.

3 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Two big blows. 

Y’all are underrating Burkhead. If he were healthy he’d be the best back on the team IMO.

I don't think anybody is underrating Burkhead. Hell, I might go as far as saying he's the perfect Patriots RB given Belichick's infatuation with intelligent, swiss army knife, white skill position players. But the guy can't get through a game without picking up a nagging ailment. I don't expect him to be on the team by this time next season....

6 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Bentley hasn't been good. Don't let the fact that every single player on defense has looked worse fool you. Classic case of Belichick redshirting a young player who isn't ready via IR. 

Please elaborate on how he hasnt been good. Considering he is indeed a rookie, he has done a good job learning the defense, being in the right spot, and covering in the middle of the field. 

• 1 month later...

Archived