Rishard Matthews released

.Buzz

His attitude was clearly piss poor. Didn't want to be here so fine get out. Wide receiver is now a very thin position for us. Davis has to stay healthy as we do not have another complete wr 1 on the team. That being said I do believe in both Sharpe and Taylor and glad they will have more time. Also want to see how Jennings, Williams and if called up Batson will do. Really wish Walker hadn't got hurt as this would have been less of a loss.

6 hours ago, 615finest said:

i love Cyps response

See this is why this is still fishy to me... 

If he QUIT on the team, why is he still their 'boy'? Why would they want to protect him? 

Avoiding a distraction is one thing, but to me... it sounds like the locker room knows how this situation unfolded and they, at the very least, understand Matthews reason for leaving, if not support it.

7 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

See this is why this is still fishy to me... 

If he QUIT on the team, why is he still their 'boy'? Why would they want to protect him? 

Avoiding a distraction is one thing, but to me... it sounds like the locker room knows how this situation unfolded and they, at the very least, understand Matthews reason for leaving, if not support it.

To me, it really doesn't matter. He wanted out. If I'm reading your tone correctly, and if I'm wrong please correct me.  But it seems like you feel like it's a player vs. coaches thing and potential riff between the staff?  Since they still support him?

It could be that he was benched. They didn't believe in him anymore. They don't want to pay him. Anything really.  There isn't much that would make me feel like "awe they did him dirty."
It could be Marcus said "I don't want to throw him the ball." It could be he doing drugs. It could be he was caught stealing. It could be they didn't like his political stance last season. Anything could be speculated. 

To me, it doesn't matter whatever the spin or angle is...It don't matter. He wanted out. The reason he gave himself, was because of playing time and targets.  So based on that, I personally think that's weak. But he got his wish. He got released and is free to go where he wants (barring no restrictions with his release.) He wasn't feeling this team, so farewell.  Wish him well. Don't hate him. He gave up his Titan citizenship. :) 
But, he was a baller for us.He was reliable and a playmaker at WR. Something we haven't really had in years. But wish him well. Not happy or sad to see him go.  
Excited to see if our young pups step up to the challenge in this new system. 

Wishing him nothing but the worst at his next stop. He’s not denying quitting on the team. He’s not even denying pouting about usage after not showing up for minicamp and missing most of TC. He’s obviously better than Tajae, but if all it takes is a couple slow weeks with a passing game that hasn’t been functional to abandon the team, fine, leave.

12 hours ago, KingTitan said:

It could be they didn't like his political stance last season. Anything could be speculated.

Why would they give him an option and guarantee 3.25M in new money just weeks ago if they had an issue with something he did last year... or if they didn't have him in their plans for this year at the very least?

That's my issue... it's like he had a problem with them being too cautious with him returning from injury?  They still had him on the field for 50% of the snaps as he's working his way back... its not like anyone told Marcus to only throw his way 2 times a game... and to make sure he only completed 3 of those for 11 total yards. 

Archived