Rishard Matthews released

.Buzz

Just now, TwoToneBlue said:

As far as trading him, I mean obviously we should look into it and maybe a WR needy team would be interested, but at the same time who is going to want to give up draft capital for a player who so obviously puts himself before the team?

Yeah I don’t think we can get much if even anything for him. Selfish player...wasnt he disgruntled last year or something too? I can’t remember

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

Yeah we just promoted Nick Williams to the 53 man roster last week so I think they just roll with the horses they already have. I’ve been clamoring for Jennings to get more playing time. He’s taken advantage of the opportunities he’s been given, let’s see if he can do it again.

I keep forgetting about Jennings I’m fine with him getting some more reps the guy really has fought and clawed to where he is now so I’m fine with Jennings for now 

Crazy he’d just quit on the boys just because he wasn’t getting the playing time he wanted, it’s only week 3, I could possibly understand if it was like week 10 or something like that. This whole situation is weird. 

Doubt we bring in Dez or Maclin but it would be nice. Wouldn’t mind bringing back Burnett either. Guess we’ll see what happens tomorrow

I was against Bryant initially, still not sure about it, but I wouldn't be opposed to it. Even if he's washed up, which he probably is, it shouldn't hurt us. I think we have a killer locker room right now and a coach that has the attitude to handle it. As long as they don't feel like he's going to be a problem I don't have an issue with it.

Edit: he would have to understand his position is on the bottom of totem pole coming in.

Just now, TitanSS said:

I was against Bryant initially, still not sure about it, but I wouldn't be opposed to it. Even if he's washed up, which he probably is, it shouldn't hurt us. I think we have a killer locker room right now and a coach that has the attitude to handle it. As long as they don't feel like he's going to be a problem I don't have an issue with it.

Lewans clearly the guy in the locker room plus Delanie still around Casey Wood Ryan we have guys that can handle him if he’s a problem and nothing is guaranteed in regards to his contract so if he acts up you just cut bate. 

I don’t think he’s still a blazer and can take a top of a Defense but I think he can run routes and be and do exactly what Decker did last year which wasn’t a whole lot but did enough to help at times. Davis and Taylor would still be focal points 

At the end of the day though they need to get Marcus some help. I’m not a scout I’m not a coach I’m not paid by the team even though I feel I should be but at the end of the day someone in that building has to identify a player who can help. Right now resigning Batson or moving forward with just Davis Taylor Sharpe Jennings and Williams isn’t the long term answer. At some point it will catch up to them. Marcus had taken a beating in his 4 years they need to find him some help. He’s already lost Delanie and now Matthews. Those were the 2 longest Titans he had the most confidence in now they are gone. Either Davis Taylor and Sharpe step up or we are going to struggle at some point. Not saying those 3 can’t step up but would like just a little bit more help if they can some how find it even if it’s through trade 

Archived