Titans WR Rishard Matthews Asks Team For Release

Broncofan

Can't begin to express how disappointed I am in this. He's upset with his PT and targets but he missed alll of training camp and most of OTAs with injuries. Plus he's been unproductive so far this season.

For him to say this....

....then pretty much quit a few weeks later is disappointing.

Just now, SilverNBlackFan said:

Matthew's is an underrated players always liked him.

Seems like the Titans are giving the snaps to the young guys, which is good for them.

Partly because Matthews has been garbage. Basically what this is is a selfish player quiting on a team because his snaps have decreased(due to poor play) and targets.

4 minutes ago, theJ said:

The Titans almost definitely won't do this right? There has to be some dead money on that contract. 

https://overthecap.com/player/rishard-matthews/716

The only guaranteed $ is dead money - bonus $ that was already paid out.    No doubt the settlement TEN is working out with Matthews is if any of that gets returned (probably not), but there's no additional cap hit if the Titans cut him now, than if they released him before his 2019 roster/workout bonuses come due.

Selfish. We’ve been banged up at QB and like Slim mentioned he missed OTA’s, training camp, and the preseason...of course your not gonna have much action Rishard. And he topped it off by dropping a pass against Jax this weekend. He was also disgruntled last year too. Good riddance fool.

19 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

To be fair I dont blame him for not wanting to play on that offense at this point, but hard to take this seriously when he just negotiated a contract extension for himself in the offseason lol

So just quit because the offense is bad? I don’t give a damn if the offense has 0 points through 3 games and the team is 0-3. He’s under contract and hasn’t exactly done anything with his snaps.

Archived