X-Men: Dark Phoenix (06/07/19)

thrILL!

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Trailer is decent, but nothing that gets me psyched that they are doing the Phoenix Saga justice.    Hoping...but Im not getting my hopes up.

This is just Fox trying to make money on the xmen before the MCU takes over and makes the xmen we all know and love. Ill still go watch though. Im an xmen fanatic

• Like 1

4 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

This is just Fox trying to make money on the xmen before the MCU takes over and makes the xmen we all know and love. Ill still go watch though. Im an xmen fanatic

Does it work that way? I honestly dont know but I imagine outside of revenue splitting for director, producers, etc anything else would go back to studio funds which Disney is acquiring. Again, I have no real basis just my current albeit likely incorrect understanding. 

7 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

The X-Men I know and love for movies only involves Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart. I love McAvoy but I still just think he hasn't loved up to the image that Patrick Stewart left. And I worry about that for Jackmans replacement whoever it is. Fassbender made Magneto his own but Stewart is just on a whole other level then Ian McKellen and what he meant to the franchise. 

On topic though I have Hope's not high but hope for this movie. 

X-Men is probably my favorite Marvel thing. But this trailer doesn't get me excited at all. Too much Mystique and Magneto for starters.

I heard they did some re-shoots knowing that this was the final Fox X-Men movie. So hopefully it has some closure to the nearly two decades of films. I'm more excited for the characters to potentially join the MCU.

• Like 2

Close up, close up, oh look J-Law is totally in this movie the whole time you guys ignore the funeral scene where only two people are conspicuously missing, close up, single establishing shot, close up, close up.

Looks like a cheaply made moneygrab with a thinned budget and not a lot of creative ideas worked in. Plus given what I've read about how the film plays out (you can find an outline of the plot pretty easy) and how it's reminiscent of X3 (which Kinberg wrote) yeah.

Hard pass. Plus how many god damn times are we going to do the same Magneto arc, every single one of the First Class-verse movies have him go through the same progression.

It's X-Men, so i'm in, but expectations are tempered.  Not a huge believer in Sophie Turner giving this the performance that it needs.  I don't think she can bring the crazy nearly good enough for this role. 

I don't think Apocalypse was a failure, and I still enjoyed it, but I have to concede it was a letdown after the awesomeness of DoFP.

More Fassbender I get, he's awesome.  Better than McKellen in the same role.  More JLaw......not so much.

I love McAvoy and think he's done a great job as young Prof X, but Stewart did leave big shoes to fill.