X-Men: Dark Phoenix (06/07/19)

thrILL!

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

It's X-Men, so i'm in, but expectations are tempered.  Not a huge believer in Sophie Turner giving this the performance that it needs.  I don't think she can bring the crazy nearly good enough for this role. 

I don't think Apocalypse was a failure, and I still enjoyed it, but I have to concede it was a letdown after the awesomeness of DoFP.

More Fassbender I get, he's awesome.  Better than McKellen in the same role.  More JLaw......not so much.

I love McAvoy and think he's done a great job as young Prof X, but Stewart did leave big shoes to fill.

I wonder if they are gonna pull a Days Of Future Past with Wolverine. Like we don't even see him in the trailer, Hugh Jackman says hes retired from Wolverine, then at the last moment when Jean is about to kill everyone he comes out of no where and stabs her on the chest and runs off in a surprise cameo appearence. Cause you know he was the only one that could stop her in the future. Or maybe this is where they bring in Wade Wilson for a cross over since hes kinda like Logan with his healing factor. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

I wonder if they are gonna pull a Days Of Future Past with Wolverine. Like we don't even see him in the trailer, Hugh Jackman says hes retired from Wolverine, then at the last moment when Jean is about to kill everyone he comes out of no where and stabs her on the chest and runs off in a surprise cameo appearence. Cause you know he was the only one that could stop her in the future. Or maybe this is where they bring in Wade Wilson for a cross over since hes kinda like Logan with his healing factor. 

I'm kind of hoping that she succeeds and kills everyone and everything putting an end to this X-Men universe.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, August4th said:

can't tell if that's good or bad news

Not good. The same week they release the trailer with the February date, they push it back... They must have hated the reaction. They could have easily edited the trailer with new the date if that was always the plan.

Lots of editing to try and save it now.

40 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Maybe they'll do some re-shoots to have the movie end with Thanos granting them all mercy.

Or it could be that they want to avoid any Phoenix  / Captain Marvel comparisons before CM and IW2.

There is no comparison. Marvel wouldn't stand a chance against Phoenix. Not even this movie one that got hit with a nerf bat.

I would love to see Sophie Turner or Ryan Reynolds at the end of A4 or something. Enter Glactus or something.

Or maybe they go an entirely new route that instead of making the Skrulls the primary bad guys. It's the mutant world against this Avengers world.

18 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

There is no comparison. Marvel wouldn't stand a chance against Phoenix. Not even this movie one that got hit with a nerf bat.

I would love to see Sophie Turner or Ryan Reynolds at the end of A4 or something. Enter Glactus or something.

Or maybe they go an entirely new route that instead of making the Skrulls the primary bad guys. It's the mutant world against this Avengers world.

I'm guessing @kingseanjohn was referring to being compared in film quality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

The snap causes the mutation to happen and we now have mutants!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

The snap causes the mutation to happen and we now have mutants!

So there's already a lot of speculation that the MCU is retroactively preparing for mutants.  They released a book, the Marvel Studios Visual Dictionary, earlier this year to help people keep up with what's happened so far.  In it...

She may be called Scarlet Witch, but Wanda's powers aren't derived from the occult. Whether it altered her or merely unlocked something latent inside Wanda, the Infinity Stone on Loki's scepter bestowed incredible powers of the mind. Wanda's internal neuro-electric interface allows her to conjure blasts of red telekinetic energy. She can also use this energy to create barriers, levitate and move objects; to communicate and read thoughts by telepathy; and even to manipulate the minds of others.

Seems to be the first seed for potentially changing her into a mutant.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:46 AM, BayRaider said:

This could of been soooo good, Phoenix storyline is great. However, wow was that trailer uninspiring. And I think Sansa is a total miscast for Jean. Wtf were they thinking? Omg she has red hair!!!

100% capitalizing on Game of Thrones hype.  Not a coincidence that June will be shortly after GoT series finale.

I'm also on board on hoping she eradicates the universe and that's how they wrap up the Fox X-Men universe before they get rebooted into the MCU.

• 8 months later...