X-Men: Dark Phoenix (06/07/19)

thrILL!

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

That's what's so disappointing to me - DoFP was a game changer, bringing in the old crew and the new crew rather seamlessly and playing to their strengths - when old Magneto and Charles are looking at each other in the end and Magneto says "All those years wasted fighting each other, Charles - to have a precious few of them back..." that just broke me. When young Charles/Magneto are fighting in the plane over who abandoned who, and Magneto is going to bring down the plane screaming "Where were YOU, Charles? We were supposed to protect them!" also broke me.There were tons of moments like that, just really added weight to both sets of movies.

That was probably the peak of any full X-Men movie (I don't consider Logan as a full X-Men movie - I probably should, but I don't) and it felt like they had a blueprint that could rival MCU (or at least The Dark Knight trilogy) .

Then...they botched a potential Thanos-type villain with Apocalypse. So sad. So, so sad.

Did you ever watch the Rogue Cut of DoFP?

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Bits and pieces, but didn't watch from start to finish... Your thoughts?

It's been a while since I've seen it, but it's almost a different movie. Still fantastic and maybe even better from what I remember. It's definitely worth watching if you have the time.

3 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

It's been a while since I've seen it, but it's almost a different movie. Still fantastic and maybe even better from what I remember. It's definitely worth watching if you have the time.

Welp, I know I'm NOT watching Dark Phoenix this weekend. So maybe I have an opening.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Who raised you? 

Listen, Die Hard, Die Hard with a Vengence, and it's a good Day to Die Hard are great

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Twilight series was amazing.

My god what an oversight on my part. Probably more consistent than the MCU!

8 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

It's a damn shame because they are going to have a tough time topping Fassbender and McAvoy as Magneto/Prof X.  That was A+ casting.

McAvoy was very good, but Fassbender was amazing. I'd love to see him held over when the MCU brings in the X-Men.

Highly doubtful, but one can wish.

23 minutes ago, theJ said:

What's your problem with Die Hard 2?

Its a gimmick movie. The plot is flimsy and the villain/evil plan is trash. Its a vehicle to put John in harrowing situations that are more and more gratuitous to watch him survive in increasingly preposterous ways. Dont get me wrong, its entertaining, but it pales in comparison to its compatriots IMO. This was the first obligatory cash grab flick for the franchise.   

7 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Also the movie completely ignores the fact that Jean manifested the Phoenix to kill Apocalypse in the last movie.

Like straight up pretends it didn't happen.

Yeah, that was strange. When Apocalypse died he seemed to know what was up with her and said "All is revealed." or something like that. Apparently that was just a fake.