X-Men: Dark Phoenix (06/07/19)

thrILL!

11 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:
8 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Also the movie completely ignores the fact that Jean manifested the Phoenix to kill Apocalypse in the last movie.

Like straight up pretends it didn't happen.

Yeah, that was strange. When Apocalypse died he seemed to know what was up with her and said "All is revealed." or something like that. Apparently that was just a fake.

#fakenews

• Like 1

Well that was slightly better than it was reported to be. Not good, but not the complete trainwreck it's being reviewed as. 

Sheridan and Turner are both just really rough in this one. 

Also, was the tentacle/dreadlock thing a little racist? Felt a little borderline when contrasted with some of Lawrence's lines in the film.

7 hours ago, sunnygsm said:

Haven't seen it yet, not sure if I will. Saddest thing is that they've botched the Phoenix saga twice now. Little chance they touch it again in the future. 

They'll definitely touch on it again, but this time with more than one tiny hint and then a single movie. 

The MCU needs X-Men to carry it forward past 2020. 

12 hours ago, sunnygsm said:

Haven't seen it yet, not sure if I will. Saddest thing is that they've botched the Phoenix saga twice now. Little chance they touch it again in the future. 

An I the only one that didn't hate Last Stand? It wasn't transformative, but it was entertaining.

53 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

An I the only one that didn't hate Last Stand? It wasn't transformative, but it was entertaining.

I actually liked it too but so many hate on it. It did have a lot going on so I could see a lot of ppl not liking that.

saw it.  Liked it once.  Only six people in the theater.  It felt like what happens when you have a ton of stuff to do in one movie before you lose the opportunity to do any more of them.  Had a similar feel to Justice League in that too much was crammed in, but it was better than JL.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Why are they calling this the last X-men movie if New mutants comes out next year?

I'm thinking of New Mutants as similar to this Joker movie coming out - some alternate timeline one off movie.

18 hours ago, iLikeDefense said:

I actually liked it too but so many hate on it. It did have a lot going on so I could see a lot of ppl not liking that.

I didn't hate it for a stand alone XMen.  If it was just about mutants standing against humans trying to "cure" them...it would be fine.

Trying to cram the Phoenix storyline into it is what really annoyed me.  Same issue with Spiderman 3....if they just cut out everything Venom related, the movie would have been much better.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

The last of the main timeline/cast.

There were what, four of those movies? Last Stand,  Days of Future Past, Apocalypse, and Dark Phoenix.

Last Stand and Days of Future Past were solid movies at best with Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix being entirely meh? Not even sure why anybody cares about the end of this era. It was a bad one.

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There were what, four of those movies? Last Stand,  Days of Future Past, Apocalypse, and Dark Phoenix.

Last Stand and Days of Future Past were solid movies at best with Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix being entirely meh? Not even sure why anybody cares about the end of this era. It was a bad one.

Are you saying that Last Stand and DoFP were nearly equal movies? @ET80 ban this man!

• Like 1