3 Round Mock (Updated)

skhurst0398

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, skhurst0398 said:

Updated, with major changes

Looks good. Give me Ford instead of Dillard and I'd pay money for this to happen. Tunsil is decent at LT, unless you had Dillard moving to the right side. Our RG position really needs an upgrade.

38 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

Looks good. Give me Ford instead of Dillard and I'd pay money for this to happen. Tunsil is decent at LT, unless you had Dillard moving to the right side. Our RG position really needs an upgrade.

I was thinking Dillard at right tackle since the Dolphins have some free agents at the position. I know the right side of the line as a whole could use some bodies though.

I have never heard of Jachai Polite. If he can rush the passer I guess that will be fine. One of the Allens could also be taken there. 
Don't know anything about the Alabama guy as well but he plays for Alabama so I guess that is a good thing. The one that really stands out here as far as bad picks go is Ryan Finley. I know a lot of people think the Bucs will boot Jameis but when I look at this QB class. I don't see that happening unless someone gets hot towards the end. Ryan Finley is average and reminds me a lot of Matt Moore. That is not an upgrade over Jameis. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Austin said:

I have never heard of Jachai Polite. If he can rush the passer I guess that will be fine. One of the Allens could also be taken there. 
Don't know anything about the Alabama guy as well but he plays for Alabama so I guess that is a good thing. The one that really stands out here as far as bad picks go is Ryan Finley. I know a lot of people think the Bucs will boot Jameis but when I look at this QB class. I don't see that happening unless someone gets hot towards the end. Ryan Finley is average and reminds me a lot of Matt Moore. That is not an upgrade over Jameis. 

Was not looking at it as an upgrade of Jameis and I too believe they will keep him. I was looking at it more as a high end back up option because so far in his career, Winston has shown to be unreliable off the field and turnover prone on it. If the time comes that something happens again, then at least the team would have a backup plan that's not Fitz-magic and his show of greatness followed by disappearing acts.

11. Jacksonville Jaguars: QB Dwayne Haskins Ohio St like everyone else has said i dont think he declares. if he did id be fine with the pick but since its unlikely to declare id be stuck between DT Quinnen Williams Alabam(who might be the 2nd coming of Gerald McCoy) and either Greg Little OT Mississippi or David Edwards OT Wisconsin.  Williams would replace Malik Jackson whom the team is probably gonna be moving on from in the next offseason or 2 because of his cap number.  Little and edwards would supply a starting RT at worse as cam robinson hasnt locked that LT spot down and i would let the 2 battle it out as Parnell has regressed this year, and our projected replacement is a 4th round rookie whos played 0 games. 

11. Jacksonville Jaguars: TE Irv Smith Jr Alabama not a bad pick but we do have ASJ under contract as well as niles paul so i wouldnt call it a higher priority need. had we not gone QB round 1 i would have looked at going with Christian Wilkens or an OL. based on the revisions im doing i might just go with Drew Lock as Haskins probably isnt declaring. 

11. Jacksonville Jaguars: DE/DT Corbin Kaufusi BYU im not a big fan of his this early nor do i like still not addressing our OL.  we have 2 potential starters gone via FA and 1 by cut and our top 2 backups are slated for FA.  i would look for an OL probably Interior to take over the RG spot. however with finley being there i probabky pick him over lock based in the rounds. 

so my ideal draft based on how players fall assuming Haskins doesnt declare:

Greg Little/David Edwards OT Starting T

Christian Wilkens DT Malik Jackson Repalcement(allows Tavern Bryan to play DE)

Ryan Finley Future QB

assuming Haskins does declare id go

Dwayne Haskins Replaces Bortles in 2020 so he can "redshirt" for us as hes pretty raw coming out

Cody Ford Starting RG

Kaleb McGary(i like his ability to play RT more then Jawaan taylor who i think fits better at G.) Starting RT

3 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

11. Jacksonville Jaguars: QB Dwayne Haskins Ohio St like everyone else has said i dont think he declares. if he did id be fine with the pick but since its unlikely to declare id be stuck between DT Quinnen Williams Alabam(who might be the 2nd coming of Gerald McCoy) and either Greg Little OT Mississippi or David Edwards OT Wisconsin.  Williams would replace Malik Jackson whom the team is probably gonna be moving on from in the next offseason or 2 because of his cap number.  Little and edwards would supply a starting RT at worse as cam robinson hasnt locked that LT spot down and i would let the 2 battle it out as Parnell has regressed this year, and our projected replacement is a 4th round rookie whos played 0 games. 

11. Jacksonville Jaguars: TE Irv Smith Jr Alabama not a bad pick but we do have ASJ under contract as well as niles paul so i wouldnt call it a higher priority need. had we not gone QB round 1 i would have looked at going with Christian Wilkens or an OL. based on the revisions im doing i might just go with Drew Lock as Haskins probably isnt declaring. 

11. Jacksonville Jaguars: DE/DT Corbin Kaufusi BYU im not a big fan of his this early nor do i like still not addressing our OL.  we have 2 potential starters gone via FA and 1 by cut and our top 2 backups are slated for FA.  i would look for an OL probably Interior to take over the RG spot. however with finley being there i probabky pick him over lock based in the rounds. 

so my ideal draft based on how players fall assuming Haskins doesnt declare:

Greg Little/David Edwards OT Starting T

Christian Wilkens DT Malik Jackson Repalcement(allows Tavern Bryan to play DE)

Ryan Finley Future QB

assuming Haskins does declare id go

Dwayne Haskins Replaces Bortles in 2020 so he can "redshirt" for us as hes pretty raw coming out

Cody Ford Starting RG

Kaleb McGary(i like his ability to play RT more then Jawaan taylor who i think fits better at G.) Starting RT

Thanks I appreciate the insight. Helpful when updating. I liked Kaufusi as a replacement for Calais down the line and he has gone up against some top level players this year and won. Smith Jr I liked as a more dynamic weapon at the tight end position. ASJ has been in the league for a few years and has shown flashes but nothing consistent and now is injured. Plus, like you said he has one year, but that's it right now. That was my though process for those players. Haskins remains to be seen so that's why I've still been including him in my mocks. 

1 hour ago, skhurst0398 said:

Thanks I appreciate the insight. Helpful when updating. I liked Kaufusi as a replacement for Calais down the line and he has gone up against some top level players this year and won. Smith Jr I liked as a more dynamic weapon at the tight end position. ASJ has been in the league for a few years and has shown flashes but nothing consistent and now is injured. Plus, like you said he has one year, but that's it right now. That was my though process for those players. Haskins remains to be seen so that's why I've still been including him in my mocks. 

we spent a 1st last year on a guy to replace either Campbell or Jackson.  we also have a 2nd year 3rd round pick backup behind campbell and the 1st round rookie that is a weekly scratch. 

while smith would be more dynamic option you have to consider the fact whatever te we pick has to be able to block moderately well as we are a run 1st team. 

kaufusi would be a decent pickup in round 4 for us but we need a starting OL more then a future potential starting DE/DT. 

Clelin Ferrell looks like an ideal fit for the Lions. If they don't address DE in free agency then he's the guy I want. I like going TE in the 2nd but Kaden Smith is not the guy I would want. Dawson Knox is the one I'd prefer at that spot. Knox is pretty legit.

Archived