Is KAT A Franchise Cornerstone?

the lone star

Is KAT A Franchise Cornerstone?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Is KAT A Franchise Cornerstone?

Depends on how you define cornerstone and what your expectations are.  If a franchise cornerstone is being defined as a guy like Anthony Davis, for example, then no.  But if we're talking about a guy who can be a really good player and get your team to the playoffs, then yes.

Yeah I mean I think it's fair to question KAT's personality and intangibles as a cornerstone guy. I don't think he's a championship type of leader. But he is an incredible player that could be a championship piece in the right infrastructure....but as of now it does not look like he is going to set up the infrastructure. 

On 9/28/2018 at 11:46 AM, freak_of_nature said:

Is his defensive deficiency overblown? To me, with rare exceptions, cornerstones play great O and D.

Dirk and Steve Nash.

Although Dirk's defensive deficiencies were overblown for a while I would say, and I guess Nash too, but he was pretty terrible on D because of the full-court high risk-high reward type of play. That goes for Dirk too when he was playing under Don Nelson, which is why he improved on D when the team shifted to Avery and then Carlisle.

1 minute ago, the lone star said:

That's fair I guess. You could name a few nowadays though.

Steph Curry
Harden
Tony Parker (Let's consider his time with the Spurs only please)

Maybe Doncic and DSJ join the list too. ;)

Curry actually led the NBA in steals a for a couple years, surprisingly. 

I think if you're not a good defender, you typically would have to be elite on the Offensive end to get my "cornerstone" designation.

On 10/2/2018 at 6:59 AM, freak_of_nature said:

Curry actually led the NBA in steals a for a couple years, surprisingly. 

I think if you're not a good defender, you typically would have to be elite on the Offensive end to get my "cornerstone" designation.

That's true. Good point. ionno someone who is just above-average on either end (or both) and considered a franchise cornerstone. 

Archived