2017 Preseason GDT Week 2 Browns and Giants

Bucketheadsdad

Read somewhere that Hue reached out to some vets for input on the decision and they support Osweiler.

Osweiler has been awful and Kizer is nowhere near ready.

It would not surprise me at all if Kessler starts the season at QB.

22 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Read somewhere that Hue reached out to some vets for input on the decision and they support Osweiler.

Osweiler has been awful and Kizer is nowhere near ready.

It would not surprise me at all if Kessler starts the season at QB.

Despite his less than stellar preseason, I think he's a better option that Osweiler.

Vets have backed Hoyer and McCown too, I wouldn't put much stock in them.

I think Kessler is the best option but I think Kizer wins the job. He will be limited but at least his legs gives him a second option. I think he will be a 1 read QB for awhile (while in the pocket) but the ability to pick up a few yards on the ground could make it work short term until he gets more comfortable. I'd rather start Kizer than Brock. I think he would be more effective. Kessler seems to be out of the running with his lame arm, unfortunately I think because I think he would be the best, albeit least dynamic option to start the year.

i dunno.  i think there has to be some minimum boundary of professional wisdom just so he doesn't get obliterated.  if that takes him til week 2 whatever.  but hey i could be wrong.  i also kinda want to be wrong. watching kizer is fun and watching brock osweiler is like watching derek anderson's ****ty brother .  cody kessler is fun, but he only does well when we're down by like 24.  a lot different than being down 3 and have to throw something other than a drag route against a prevent defense.

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I cant tell if all our WRs suck at getting open or if they are not reaching their potential because of sucky QB play.

I dont know who to put the passing game on, the QB for not getting the ball there or the WRs for not getting open.

I think some of both.  I think Saunders is a great coach though and will get the misfits to overachieve.

3 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

I think some of both.  I think Saunders is a great coach though and will get the misfits to overachieve.

I would like to believe Coleman/Higgins/Louis are actually really talented but with bad QB play, none of them are standing out and showing their ability. All they do is make the most out of the 2-3 actual accurate passes they get per game.

Honestly, Kessler this preseason has looked better then Brock. If your going to go with a guy with playing experience, why not the guy you invested a 3rd rounder in who has shows he can take care of the football and throw much more accurately to get WRs involved than Brock.

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I would like to believe Coleman/Higgins/Louis are actually really talented but with bad QB play, none of them are standing out and showing their ability. All they do is make the most out of the 2-3 actual accurate passes they get per game.

Honestly, Kessler this preseason has looked better then Brock. If your going to go with a guy with playing experience, why not the guy you invested a 3rd rounder in who has shows he can take care of the football and throw much more accurately to get WRs involved than Brock.

Probably because every one of his passes looks like it should be intercepted because they are so soft and he shouldn't have had the amount of success he had had thus far with his popgun arm?

49 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Probably because every one of his passes looks like it should be intercepted because they are so soft and he shouldn't have had the amount of success he had had thus far with his popgun arm?

And what you have seen from Brock last year and the 2 games this year makes you think thats an upgrade over Kessler?

At least Kessler comes in, knows the offense and gets the ball out fast to WRs. With how long Brock holds the ball and his inaccuracy issues, he is a turnover waiting to happen. If your going to play it 'safe' until Kizer is ready, Kessler is a much better option. Brock is a walking turnover. 

28 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

And what you have seen from Brock last year and the 2 games this year makes you think thats an upgrade over Kessler?

At least Kessler comes in, knows the offense and gets the ball out fast to WRs. With how long Brock holds the ball and his inaccuracy issues, he is a turnover waiting to happen. If your going to play it 'safe' until Kizer is ready, Kessler is a much better option. Brock is a walking turnover. 

I agree with you but I think that is the reason why Kessler isn't in the QB race and why he isn't starting.

Osweiler and Kessler sure have made this whole process difficult on Hue, I feel he just wanted one of them to step up so they can start for a few games while he remains in Kizers ear, unfortunately they have both crapped the bed and Kizer is easily the best player already of the three.

Do I think Kizer is ready to start against Pitt now? No, however we aren't playing them tommorow. I agree with the few who said give Kizer the nod for the rehearsal week and all the reps with the 1's and do everything you can to get him ready in a few weeks. The way Kizer talks about the process and his learning ability gives me confidence that the kid has it in him to vastly improve in a few weeks time. Enough to be at the point that he can communicate efficiently and earn more respect from the vets all wanting Os due to his comfortability in the huddle despite his poor showing.

Archived