Panthers sign Eric Reid S

49erurtaza

25 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Really shocked a team like ATL with Superbowl goals this year didn't give him a look.  They lost both safeties right?

Thought if he was going to end up getting a job it was going to be with either ATL/CAR/GB as all desperately need safety help. ATL definitely would have made a lot of sense as well. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Looks like you need to dig a bit deeper next time in your google search. All the information is there for you. 

the reality is kap doesnt belong in the league. hes not good enough to offset tbe distraction he brings. a distraction he plays into, no one wants a distraction from their backup qb.

oh, and maybe hed have more offers if his dumb as rocks gf didnt insult team owners.

8 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

the reality is kap doesnt belong in the league. hes not good enough to offset tbe distraction he brings. a distraction he plays into, no one wants a distraction from their backup qb.

oh, and maybe hed have more offers if his dumb as rocks gf didnt insult team owners.

So he's not good enough to be in the league? Cool, your opinion. 

Now, what does that have to do with him supposedly have two imaginary offers from the Seahawks and Broncos? 

Kap really isnt worth the distraction as a backup. I think thats pretty clear. If he was a HOF talent, and could put a team on his back for wins, he would be signed. His GF saying disparaging things about team owners isnt helping him either.

Reid nor Kap are clowns, but at the same time I understand teams shying away from Kap. You dont sign a guy that will get more media chatter on the bench than the entire team would after a win. Its just too distracting.

So for those that keep saying he would be a media distraction, explain why after a few weeks in 2016 there was essentially no noise at all? Would there be a big media hoopla if he signs somewhere for a bit? Sure, but after two or so weeks everything will be back to normal. And if he ends up becoming the starter? Another week or two it becomes a big story.....and then back to normal again. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So for those that keep saying he would be a media distraction, explain why after a few weeks in 2016 there was essentially no noise at all? Would there be a big media hoopla if he signs somewhere for a bit? Sure, but after two or so weeks everything will be back to normal. And if he ends up becoming the starter? Another week or two it becomes a big story.....and then back to normal again. 

Why don't the 49ers sign him. They need a QB now.

28 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Thought if he was going to end up getting a job it was going to be with either ATL/CAR/GB as all desperately need safety help. ATL definitely would have made a lot of sense as well. 

Only reason I can see that GB didn't bring him in is because they probably have a lot of faith in Josh Jones. He was a high pick last year and has yet to play this year so I'm assuming they are counting on him, although he looked pretty bad in preseason. Idk. I've been wanting GB to bring in Reid before the season even started. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But guess Tom f'n Savage and TJ Yates who got workouts were more of "system fits" than Kap. 

I speak from experience that none of this is possible. The only system those two fit in are the ones that lose football games. 

Nonetheless, you're going the 2017 Texans route. My heart goes out to you.

Archived