Sign in to follow this  
iknowcool

We signed S Eric Reid!

This is amazing news.  Eric Reid isn't Eric Berry or anything, but he's a solid player and fits in extremely well with our defense skill-set wise.  We've been able to get productive seasons out of average safeties before in Rivera's defense - Mitchell, Coleman, old man Adams, old man Mikell, etc.  Reid is the most talented guy we've had at the position in Rivera's tenure here though.  

This also for the first time in what feels like forever makes me feel like the secondary is a strength on this team.  Bradberry has been shadowing the #1 WR all year and did an excellent job vs Jones/Green, Jackson has been outstanding, and Adams is consistent in run support.  Munnerlyn is whatever, but if Reid can step in and produce, our defense should see a noticeable improvement.

Plus, anything to get Colin Jones off the field is a +.  Good special teamer and nothing wrong with that, seems like a good dude, but he shouldn't be a starter.

Also just try to keep it to football.

Edited by iknowcool

Aside from the signing, which is amazing, its nice that we actually get some value out of having the week 4 bye.

Sweet. I am worried about his concussions though. He's kinda notable for having a lot, kinda like Luke is.

A clear upgrade over Da'Norris Searcy (who also just had a bunch of concussions) imo and especially Colin Jones.

Also this is something that never would have happened with JR as owner, so I'm glad we have someone who is a bit more progressive minded like Tepper running the show.

Great signing! Was pumped when I heard the news. Anyone is better than Colin Jones but especially him.

It will be interesting to see how he fits with our safeties. If I remember correctly, he is more a SS than a FS which is where Adams has been playing.