WEEK 4 GDT - Steelers vs. Ravens SNF

skywlker32

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTs3nnNzCgwNUS_UNgcfft

Steelers look to expand their primetime (games after 7pm) dominance and extend their 13 primetime game win streak to 14. Flacco has had a bit of a resurgence this year and that could continue against a rough Steelers pass defense. The Steelers need to rattle him early and keep the pressure on until the final whistle blows.

Steelers will have a tougher time in the passing game this week due to #2 ranked Ravens pass defense, but they still won't want to abandon their #2 ranked passing attack. The Steelers could have more luck in the running game (currently 23rd) against a #13 ranked running defense of the Ravens, especially if Decastro and Gilbert return this week.

On defense, the Steelers will need to improve their communication, but may be able to focus on the pass vs. the Ravens #26 ranked running game (#31 by yards/attempt). The Ravens have been more consistent scoring than the Steelers this year (97 vs. 88 PF) though and the Ravens have been much more stout (51 vs. 90 PA), so this should be a tight game.

Sorry Sky, had to add..... -JDL

z1 girls 09 27 18 600 5 DO NOT throw the word “Heartfelt” around lightly (98 Photos)

b girls 09 27 18 600 4 DO NOT throw the word “Heartfelt” around lightly (98 Photos)

b girls 09 27 18 600 22 DO NOT throw the word “Heartfelt” around lightly (98 Photos)

Burnett going the wrong direction. He went full yesterday and limited today. No good. Hopefully Edmunds keeps improving. These early reps might help his growth. I think once Burnett comes back fully they can give Edmunds more snaps off. This will hopefully keep him from running into the dreaded rookie wall. 

1 hour ago, armsteeld said:

Useless stats like these are deceiving. Brown helps make these guys jobs easier. 

and it could be the time where AB starts to add to his stats. I don't see AB continuing as the first 3 games have, a breakout and continuation of the is going to happen, it's just a matter of when.  Ravens don't have smith at CB, that should help. It would also help if we establish the run but will that happen. 

Thanks @JDLefebvre for adding the hotties to the post (#2 is just...). Had a busier night last night than I had planned.

Anyways, I'm glad that it looks like our OL may be back to normal this week. Should definitely help keep Ben clean and give Conner more running lanes.

Side note, with those big packages where they put an extra OL, have we ever put an extra guard in there and bumped the tackle out? It may be an interesting wrinkle given Finney's run blocking. Something like:  Villanueva     Finney - Foster - Pouncey - DeCastro - Gilbert

Villanueva even has come history at WR/TE from high school and could be a big body in the red zone.

56 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

Thanks @JDLefebvre for adding the hotties to the post (#2 is just...). Had a busier night last night than I had planned.

Anyways, I'm glad that it looks like our OL may be back to normal this week. Should definitely help keep Ben clean and give Conner more running lanes.

Side note, with those big packages where they put an extra OL, have we ever put an extra guard in there and bumped the tackle out? It may be an interesting wrinkle given Finney's run blocking. Something like:  Villanueva     Finney - Foster - Pouncey - DeCastro - Gilbert

Villanueva even has come history at WR/TE from high school and could be a big body in the red zone.

good idea, worth a try. Maybe V-mac wants a try since he tried to kill conte  anyways.

I don't recall out heavy sets every doing much though.  I remember when we had Kemo at FB, still nothing except maybe a penalty :S

Archived