WEEK 4 GDT - Steelers vs. Ravens SNF

skywlker32

First of all I don't remember my exact words and I'm also pretty sure I'm not the only one that said something like this so I am paraphrasing here but I do recall after Todd Haley was let go and to be honest I was glad I wanted that to happen but I was one of the people who was really worried about Randy fitner basically running his offense exclusively through Ben Roethlisberger and it becoming a pass only offense. I get that he is a Hall of Fame bound franchise quarterback but this Ravens game was the latest example of Randy not being willing to get the Run game going. Was it the Kansas City Chiefs I believe we're Ben Roethlisberger threw the ball 60 * or thereabout. He threw the ball nearly 50 times or more against the Ravens. James Garner proved in week 1 that he can be a Workhorse now I stand by what I said as far as the concerns about James Conner and I am concerned in the way that I expressed that because let's be real we have a limited amount of game tape to evaluate him on. Getting back to my point though I'm not sure if Randy is truly the best option for offensive coordinator and I'm feeling like we need to consider replacing him after this season because it seems very clear to me that he is not interested in making the running game part of his offense consistently to me that is a problem. Would it be that way if he had at Le'Veon Bell? I don't know maybe not but that's not a legitimate excuse regardless.

19 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

so 1 pro bowler (Woodley - Hendricks award winner makes it an easy pick especially in RD2, another gift IMO) ) and thats it for 10 years of drafting at LB and CB? Maybe Rooney should check the classifieds for a new drafftroom

Woodley was far from a sure thing. He was a squatty DE who looked like a lump of crap. He fell because he was the bad kind of tweener. 

16 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

Normally people would agree with your comment, the problem now is we don't have enough players on the field or too many, and then they don't know assignments.  When they do know assignments, they often are defeated obviously and it's easy for us to notice this.  I am expecting the D to keep failing unless we have really bad weather on our side or if we decide to run the ball and own TOP. 

You can't have it both ways. First you say that the entire defense is bad and needs replacing, now it's just the coaching staff. I think the simplest thing we can wish for is our best players on defense, Heyward and Tuitt, to get the acts together and start getting after the QB. Winning cures a lot and a major aspect in us winning is those two big money guys doing what they're paid to do. 

Archived