Broncos fear Jake Butt has a torn ACL

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Is this the same knee that he tore during the bowl game that caused him to slide in the draft? If so, unfortunate news and makes his recovery a lot harder.

Even if it isn't, it's still a big loss, and tough to come back from ACL injuries in both legs.

It's the other one. Poor guy.

24 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

It's the other one. Poor guy.

Makes sense. I think I remember reading somewhere that players are far more likely to tear the opposite acl their first year back, and the same acl the second year back. can't remember where though. 

I believe you're also like 6x more likely to tear an acl after you've had one than you are if you have never had one. 

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Is this the same knee that he tore during the bowl game that caused him to slide in the draft? If so, unfortunate news and makes his recovery a lot harder.

Even if it isn't, it's still a big loss, and tough to come back from ACL injuries in both legs.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Makes sense. I think I remember reading somewhere that players are far more likely to tear the opposite acl their first year back, and the same acl the second year back. can't remember where though. 

I believe you're also like 6x more likely to tear an acl after you've had one than you are if you have never had one. 

It’s the other knee, first ACL after 2x right knee.

Reflects both cascade injury risk plus whatever makes you susceptible in 1 knee probably not much different in other.   Sucks for him.  Given his athleticism was borderline this is a potential career killer. 

Thing is the clinical test is rarely wrong when positive.  It’s only when it’s negative that you can’t trust that result. MRI will confirm but basically bracing for confirmation.  Sucks for him feel awful after working so hard to get back on the field.   

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

Thats with a lot of injuries. You start putting more weight on and favoring the healthy side leading to more stress then injury.

Either way I dont know if its time to cut him but I dont know how long you can bank on a TE who has shredded both knees multiple times at 22 years old. Butt has played like 10 games of football in the past 3 years at this point. The Broncos are probably in the TE market again next year if Heuerman doesnt take a step forward. Problem with Heuerman is the same with Butt though. Hes super talented but hasnt stayed healthy in 3 years.

Tough loss 

Archived