What Position Holds Us Back This Year?

Legend

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

How many people actually come back in 6 months from an Achilles injury? I thought that time frame seemed on the ridiculously optimistic side to me.

Three to six months after surgery

During this time, your body is almost ready for a safe return to athletic activity. Your physical therapist will continue to recommend strengthening exercises to support the connective tissues in the knee joint. He or she might also show you ongoing exercises that will protect the ACL and help prevent future injury. A knee brace is also typically recommended during this period, even for low-impact activities.

After six months, assuming your damaged tissues have fully healed, you can return to athletic activity. Many doctors recommend the use of a supportive brace for one to two years after ACL surgery.

http://blog.gameready.com/blog/acl-surgery-recovery-101-timeline-tips

8 minutes ago, Jlash said:

You know an achilles and ACL are different things though right? Because what you quoted was speaking about ACL's.

Completely thought his injury was an ACL.

How long until I am back to full fitness?

• Most athletes can expect to be out of competition for 6 to 9 months after surgery.
  • This is increased to 12 months if the Achilles was immobilized in plaster instead of operated on. There is also a greater risk of re injury if the athlete does not have the surgery.

This says 6-9 months, I'm assuming NFL players don't fall into the "most athletes" category considering they quoted him at a 4-6 month timeframe. Either way, You are correct and it looks like any significant impact would happen much later in the season.

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/ankle-pain/achilles-pain/rehabilitation-of-achilles-tendon-ruptures

Just now, Voraroux said:

Even if Sidney were to come back this year how effective is he likely to be without a real off-season to prepare him. 

It has to be next season before we see what we got in him. 

Yea, I was being overly optimistic mostly because I thought it was an ACL, not an achilles and he was at the end of his recovery timeframe.

Consider my horses held.

Big JP just used a cart for awhile and then was back to punking fools in no time. 

I imagine the movements are fairly different in terms of LT and CB but tend to think both are going to be stressed a lot. So, I think it's possible he gets back this season. However, I believe he should just red shirt, dig into some film work, rehab as much as he can and strengthen the tendon and be 100% for next year's training camp. 

22 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Big JP just used a cart for awhile and then was back to punking fools in no time. 

I imagine the movements are fairly different in terms of LT and CB but tend to think both are going to be stressed a lot. So, I think it's possible he gets back this season. However, I believe he should just red shirt, dig into some film work, rehab as much as he can and strengthen the tendon and be 100% for next year's training camp. 

Remember how crazy that got? He was so big that he broke the cart and re-tore his Achilles? I'm pretty sure he sued the cart company as well.

44 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Remember how crazy that got? He was so big that he broke the cart and re-tore his Achilles? I'm pretty sure he sued the cart company as well.

Yeah that was an awful situation. We made fun of it a lot here though lol the Roll-a-bout is dangerous.

I think Jones not being put on the PUP is mainly due to their waiting until the last minute roster wise. Jones being on the NFI because the injury came after the college season. 

"The rules on when a player can return from NFI are the same as PUP. But if a player is cleared from the NFI or PUP list, he can’t be placed back on that list after the fact. The team will either have to cut the player or place him on injured reserve."

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/7/26/16025192/pup-list-nfl-2017-rules-players

4 hours ago, Phire said:

Achilles is just one of those injuries that you never want to hear about. Not that Acl Isn't serious but the ACL rehab is getting so much better these days.

I can only hope the eagles have done their homework and the upside on this kid is worth the risk and the pick. 

Archived