Week 4 GDT: KC @ Den

onejayhawk

What 2 things does the D need? Lose Sutton and Lose Sutton.

Really, our tackling has been an issue for YEARS. It's really not hard to perform some due diligence on our D draft picks for their tackling ability. Our scouts need to be instructed to put this requirement at the top of their lists. Nobody seems to want to drive thru the runner/receiver to take 'em down. Arm tackles everywhere. Nobody knows how to "wrap up" anymore.

Defensive play is terrible across the whole league. Andy Reid is a genius for realizing with all the rules changes the game favors offense and he built this team like he loves to play Madden. Chiefs have a video game offense. All they need outta the D is a play or two a game and they're gonna win 14 games this year.

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Interesting defensive stat:

we have the best 3rd down defense in the league. 23% conversion rate.

Yea its just big plays that are hurting us.  I am just surprised the run game is hurting I thought it would be the secondary as the glaring weakness and its both.

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Interesting defensive stat:

we have the best 3rd down defense in the league. 23% conversion rate.

I was listening to Brady Quinn and someone else talk about defenses today. They think that more teams are playing to the new rules in that you can't really stop someone all the time. You have to have a good situational defense. That is, you want to stop teams on 3rd down, in the red zone, and not allow big plays.

Seeing our stats, I think this is what we're doing. Teams before us, Patriots as an example, have been doing it and it can work. We currently have the best 3rd down defense in the leauge. But we definiltey need work on the other two. Our redzone defense has given up a TD 83% of the time. That simply can't continue. League leader is Tennessee at 20% while Jacksonville has given up a TD 25% of the time.

Archived