Revisiting a very interesting analysis

Matts4313

Stats are stats you can use them in a number of ways and sure it is telling but again not a surprise that better pass efficiency means more wins    Just there can be a ton of reasons a QB has better efficiency in a game a young QB like Dak May be more efficient when you simplified things put him in positive situations passing 3rd and 6 where you no 1 option Witten and Beasley are getting  open with quick routes no reason to try and find your second option. That is a lot easier then throwing 1st and 10 where the pressure has a little more time to get home and Witten is blocking not an option to throw so your no 1 option might not be open and you do not have the patience or skill or time to find your second or third option  Just some thoughts

and put me on the side that our record when a Dak throws 30 times is just as good an indicator of this teams succes 

there is one more thing that has an effect there are two teams involved what we are trying to say also is the more we control the ball the better our D and the worse the other teams passing efficiency will be how do you control the ball some teams control the ball with their passing like NE Dallas has always controlled the ball with a reliable running attack that wears down the other teams D and built a lead where throwing wasn’t needed in the 4th qtr.    

i have no way looking it up but a stat that would be just as interesting is the cowboys wining record versus pass attempts in the 4th qtr 

it comes down to this.  At one point in the Seattle game Dak went 8-10 that has to be very efficient right. Well score went from 7-0 to 6. Didn’t help in the game 

stats give you trends but don’t really help you win the individual game. And sure I get no correlation between run stats and pass stats I would say if you look closer you might find there is something maybe running attempts rather then yards hard to say 

Archived