GDT Week 4: Do we really need to say who we're playing this week?

AFlaccoSeagulls

Great win and nothing better than a quite Heinz Field stadium.

While this forum is quick to point out the incompetence of coaches and coordinators - I believe we have to give major credit to both of our coordinators for this win.

The defense once again adjusted af halftime and shut out the Steelers in the 2nd half! 

The offense was consistent and innovative - both terms we’ve normally not associated with MM.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I would give the gameball to Marty, tbh. His playcalls all night were on point. Flacco would be my #2.

Yeah, Marty's playcalling was very creative, and while we didn't score any TDs after the 1st quarter, we were still able to move the ball a fair bit.

Carr deserves an honourable mention too - he made some absolutely brilliant plays tonight

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I would give the gameball to Marty, tbh. His playcalls all night were on point. Flacco would be my #2.

idk man, pitts defense sucks, but evryone knows the offense is legit. Wink called a better game IMO

Just now, coordinator0 said:

The combo of new, competent receivers and no Pees is good.

Strong 2nd half defensive performances instead of 2nd half collapses has been great for my rage issues lol.

I can't wait to play Pees and Tenn......

Also did Marlon shadow Brown the whole game?

Just now, paraven said:

idk man, pitts defense sucks, but evryone knows the offense is legit. Wink called a better game IMO

He still moved the ball, converted lots of first downs, and when it came down to it we controlled the game and sealed it when it mattered. Marty called a great game. Roethlisberger bailed out Wink with a lot of horrible throws tonight. We still had zero pass rush and couldn't cover anyone over the middle.

Just now, drd23 said:

Yeah, Marty's playcalling was very creative, and while we didn't score any TDs after the 1st quarter, we were still able to move the ball a fair bit.

Carr deserves an honourable mention too - he made some absolutely brilliant plays tonight

Absolutely agreed here.

1 minute ago, DreamKid said:

Strong 2nd half defensive performances instead of 2nd half collapses has been great for my rage issues lol.

Yep, as it should be. And we gave him help over the top most of the game, as it should be. AND WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT, HARDLY ANY BIG PLAYS TO AB. WEIRD HOW THAT WORKS?!

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Every time one of you MFers says "Buck Allen sucks!" imma just reply with that run where he carried 5 dudes for a crucial first down against Pittsburgh.

The occasional good play he manages to make doesn't outweigh the fact that most of the time he is very average.

2 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I don't think so. Seemed more like Pittsburgh wasn't trying to move Brown around much. 

Just now, drd23 said:

The occasional good play he manages to make doesn't outweigh the fact that most of the time he is very average.

He does exactly what you ask, doesn't fumble, picks up critical short yardage conversions at extremely high rates. I couldn't give less of a crap if he's not Saquan Barkley, he's a solid back who does everything.

Archived