GDT Week 4: Do we really need to say who we're playing this week?

AFlaccoSeagulls

6 hours ago, DreamKid said:

27-17 Ravens

The key is defensive execution. I don't think we'll have problems moving the ball. Za'Darius Smith will probably have a big day with fatso trying to extend plays and stepping up into the inside rush after being flushed by our outside guys. It's the first steeler game for Wink, so we'll learn a lot about him in this one. Look for zone killers Mark Andrews and Willie Snead to make some plays. Hayden could be interesting as well. John Brown should have another big day. Crabtree needs to cool the drops, a big game test for him today. 

No tension, no intensity, just a W.

I was close on the score. Gave the F'boys too much credit. 

Snead had a sneaky day. Big props to him.

Our OL also deserves a gameball. They haven’t been mentioned but Hurst has been doing a terrific job. It’s crazy because in college he was a terrific LT prospect that was on pace to being a 1st/2nd round pick. He started EVERY game of his collegiate career there and was an excellent pass blocker... then he broke his leg in his final collegiate game, tumbled down the draft board and went undrafted. When he played for us he was never the same player, but the way he’s been playing RT this season, it looks like he’s finally returned to form.

13 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Lastly - that's two straight weeks the defense seals a win for us. Clearly the Pees era is over. Now if we can just cover TE's over the middle....

Closer to if they only cared about covering anybody over the middle. It's working for the most part though. Just have to keep the AJ Green kryptonite as far away as possible. 

They still need to rotate the pass rushers more.  On top of not getting Williams on in obvious passing situations until late in the game, I'm fairly certain I saw ZaDarius Smith dropping back into coverage at least once, which is something he should never do

Someone posted an image of two steelers holding Suggs on his way to Big Ben with a caption about "how Big Ben could hold the ball so long".

I have to get that framed. Suggs have to get that framed. That is such a great image.

Very happy to wake up and see the result. Obviously I haven't seen the game, but again it seems we this year see healthy Flacco who can throw to more weapons.

I need to see more from Wink and Marty - basically they have to show up every week and not every other week, before I am happy with having them as coordinators.

One thing which is very saying though, is the Steelers 3. down conversion rate yesterday, which was about 20%. That is a really great statline, and it doesn't seem like a game, where the Steelers converted on 1 and 2 down.

3-1 one could make a hell of a difference, if we get a hot streak before the bye week.

7 hours ago, drd23 said:

They still need to rotate the pass rushers more.  On top of not getting Williams on in obvious passing situations until late in the game, I'm fairly certain I saw ZaDarius Smith dropping back into coverage at least once, which is something he should never do

Eh, there's nothing wrong with mixing it up on occasion.  If you have people only do what they're best at on defense every time, then you become incredibly predictable.  You need to sow the seeds of doubt in the mind of offensive coordinators and players (i.e. is Smith coming or is he going to drop back with Young coming from the slot or Peanut up the middle?). 

Archived