GDT Week 4: Do we really need to say who we're playing this week?

AFlaccoSeagulls

7 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

On another note, where was Kenny Young last night?

Just finished watching the game over. Kenny had a good day. Just under the radar. Multiple pressures and great coverage. Close on a TFL early. His only blemish on the day was when he got tripped up by Sizzle's legs in pursuit. 

The steelers shut down the run early so the opportunity for splash plays was few and far between. Levine obviously subs in for Dime, and with the steelers being so one dimensional he was in a lot. Good defenses in the league now are only going to field 1 LB most of the time. Super athletic LBs like Myles Jack and Kenny Young can stay on the field and fit the role of a Hybrid player, but for our situation we already have Anthony Levine. He's one of the most proven Hybrid players in the league and obviously the team isn't going to start Young over Mosley. Which means Young's snap count is going to stay pretty low.

I'd like to see some more Man Coverage assignments for Kenny Young so we can take advantage of his rare ability to mirror downfield, and maybe actually stop some TEs. Can't hate on Wink's utilization of him though, Kenny is proving to be a great Blitz piece and I don't blame Wink for sending him so often. 

It's early but Kenny Young is looking like an absolute steal. 

20 hours ago, sp6488 said:

If my math is correct, that means we've outscored opponents 74-56 in the first half, a better point differential (+18) than Cinci has overall (+13).  Then we have that +40 in the second half as well.

Early days obviously but even a 4 game stretch like this says a lot of good about Wink's ability to make adjustments and improve this unit beyond what we were with Pees. 

On 10/2/2018 at 11:43 AM, BaltimoreTerp said:

Early days obviously but even a 4 game stretch like this says a lot of good about Wink's ability to make adjustments and improve this unit beyond what we were with****

We don't say that mans name ever again here. He doesn't exist.

46 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

We don't say that mans name ever again here. He doesn't exist.

I would like to see Wink keep it up the entire season before we crown him. It is a 4 game stretch and there is plenty of time for OC's to figure him out. 

53 minutes ago, Danand said:

I would like to see Wink keep it up the entire season before we crown him. It is a 4 game stretch and there is plenty of time for OC's to figure him out. 

I agree with you wholeheartedly, but we just don't say that other guys name around these parts anymore. We're done with our suffering because of him and his fraudulence. At least I hope anyway, but his name is not be said here ever again. We will cut the people's tongues from their mouths for trying to utter his name! The world will never know he existed here. Ever.

Archived