D82's 2018 7 Round Mock Draft v.3.0. **UPDATE**

D82

I used some of your rankings, some other posters rankings, Walterfootball, and CBS Sports along with Draftek and some other sites. 

The team standings I based off my predictions using this site. 

Like I said, it's really hard to slot certain players. Like you'll get to the end of the first round, or the second, or the third, etc. and realize <insert player here> who almost everyone thinks is a first rounder or whatever round they're projected to go in isn't there so you throw them in wherever you can. 

My selections are largely based on projected team needs listed by posters around the site. It's hard to account for certain teams who tend to take BPA over need, can't really project trades, etc. 

Honestly mocks in general (especially all 7 rounds) are a pain, especially this early in the season as a lot of sites don't have a full list of all the potential draftable players. 

11 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

I used some of your rankings, some other posters rankings, Walterfootball, and CBS Sports along with Draftek and some other sites. 

The team standings I based off my predictions using this site. 

Like I said, it's really hard to slot certain players. Like you'll get to the end of the first round, or the second, or the third, etc. and realize <insert player here> who almost everyone thinks is a first rounder or whatever round they're projected to go in isn't there so you throw them in wherever you can. 

My selections are largely based on projected team needs listed by posters around the site. It's hard to account for certain teams who tend to take BPA over need, can't really project trades, etc. 

Honestly mocks in general (especially all 7 rounds) are a pain, especially this early in the season as a lot of sites don't have a full list of all the potential draftable players. 

Yeah I agree 7 round mocks are a pain, I like to go in fresh without looking at anything and see if I can get players I think are draftable guys and see if they get picked.  I started with top 100, then went to 150 then just did it all to see out of curiosity.  Not always right but makes more sense now because some of those guys on there I am sure I might be one of the few even paying attention to them at all.  Come on thought I was looking forward to getting opinions on the draft abilities of Junior Joseph, Jesse Ertz, Michael Gallup, D.J. Calhoun and Gaelin Elmore....   But yeah that is why I did not include teams in mine that I posted on here, but I guess that is not good enough even to be a "thread" here.   Though really people just want to see players and where they might go I feel.  Sure some Browns fan might say I like us getting A, B and C in the draft in the first 5 rounds but it all changes so much it is really silly to do team stuff regardless especially this early without even having the correct order.  

I will meander back over to the draft board.   Even there one rarely has indepth conversation about random prospects who are not talked about often, it is a lot of Quarterback BS like everywhere else......

On 9/5/2017 at 2:21 PM, Desperado82 said:
On 9/4/2017 at 6:49 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Ronald Jones in round 5 is a joke or something, right? o.O

I mean...stranger things have happened.

In all honesty, it's tough to slot certain players in each round.

I really appreciate your mocks and my USC fan kinda came out feeling disrespected by that placement. Should've just asked why you had him going where you did.

Honestly, there is a solid chance that Ronald could be a first round pick. 

You have Iman Marshall going 13th in the 1st and Porter Gustin getting scooped up in the late 2nd.

I'm telling you right now as a USC fan that Jones is undoubtedly a better player than those two.

I just don't see any possibility he ends up going that late in the draft barring injury or major character red flags.

On 9/5/2017 at 4:59 PM, CWood21 said:
On 9/4/2017 at 6:49 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Ronald Jones in round 5 is a joke or something, right? o.O

We're what, 9 months away from the draft?  Anything can happen.

It's 7.5 months now ;)

Yes, anything can happen. Jones could tear up his knee like McGahee, but even Willis didn't drop that far in the draft with such a brutal injury. He went from a guy that would be taken at the top of the first round to going 23rd overall. 

If Derrius Guice and Saquon Barkley are locks for the top half of the first round (and they should be) barring a catastrophic injury, then Ronald Jones is definitely a lock for the first 3 round and probably the first 2 rounds.

11 hours ago, stallyns said:

if the Colts got Key/Landry in the first and Jones in the second I could be very happy with that draft regardless of how the rest plays out

It would give you guys a playmaker on both sides of the ball.

16. Philadelphia Eagles: Equanimeous St. Brown WR, Notre Dame

Think that's a bit high for ESB - I'd rather Kirk, Sutton or Alexander there.

116. Philadelphia Eagles: Bentley Spain OT, North Carolina

Good pick - think he would compete for the RT job once Lane moves to the left side. 

123. Philadelphia Eagles (via MIN): Cole Reyes S, North Dakota

I like the player I just don't know how much of a need safety is and I would rather see us grab a corner with one of these picks then a safety.

126. Philadelphia Eagles (via NE): Kalen Ballage RB, Arizona State

I think this is a good spot for Ballage and he has the potential to carve out a role immediately.

155. Philadelphia Eagles: Brandon Carter OT, North Carolina A&T 

It's Brandon Parker, not Carter, and I don't know why we would take two offensive tackles in this draft. I'd like to see a true interior lineman drafted here (Maea Teuhema).

156. Philadelphia Eagles (via SEA): Jamar Summers S, Connecticut 

Maybe you have Summers playing corner and marked him wrong - in that case it would be a great pick. However, if you have him slotted as safety it's a terrible pick because there's no reason for us to draft two safeties this year. 

195. Philadelphia Eagles: Ebenezer Ogundeko EDGE, Tennessee State

Good pick - someone with a character concern but major talent is worth taking a flier on this late in the draft. 

for the jags 

Landry is a good pick there with whos been taken. i would consider Fitzpatrick as we dont have a 3rd Corner whos proven to be anything under contract. 

round 2 i think is 2 early for hernandez. i would Grab Mason Rudolph so we can have a QB play for us. its Highly likely Blake will be cut this offseason and henne is a FA and we also just signed nassib whos pretty much a backup QB at best.  

round 3 is a solid pick with Goedert however i would pick Will Clapp as we need an interior O-Linemen. 

round 4 i would look at Cameron Smith from USC as i feel hes a better LB then the guy from BYU and he should be able to play all 3 LB spots. 

round 5: i would add Adam Breneman who would potentially solve our TE problem. 

round 6: i honestly havent heard of that RB. however i would still pick Darren Carrington here to give us some WR Depth as we stand to potentially lose our 2 starting WRs while we might cut Allen Hurns. 

round 7:  I would pick antiono Callaway because hes 2 talented at that point and if u blow a 7th its not that bad. i would Pick Bradley Bozeman  instead of the small school WR at our pick. we could use some interior oline depth. 

the Biggest Dissapointment in the draft was waiting till round 7 for a QB. 

I really like the update.  Two tackles and Cole in the first three rounds look great.  there are a couple of minor things I'd change.

If it were me, i'm not drafting a CB or a WR at any point.  We are deep there.  Unless we cut Adam Jones, which is a 50-50 proposition (the first 50% is solid on-field play, with the other 50% being off the field nonsense), then a CB could be in play.  And as OCD-ish as it may sould, I'd take a top OG instead of a LB at the top of the third.  two games in, and our line is costing us dearly.

On 9/20/2017 at 4:53 PM, LinderFournette said:

round 2 i think is 2 early for hernandez. i would Grab Mason Rudolph so we can have a QB play for us. its Highly likely Blake will be cut this offseason and henne is a FA and we also just signed nassib whos pretty much a backup QB at best.  

Not from what quite a few scouts have been saying. Some have him rated as a 1st rounder.

I understand the disappointment with not grabbing a QB, but I think it's time Jacksonville looks to improve the roster outside of QB before spending a high price on yet another QB and expecting him to succeed without a team in place around him. 

Plus, there are a couple FA options next year that could be a long-term solution (Cousins) or an average stopgap (Cutler).

7 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

Not from what quite a few scouts have been saying. Some have him rated as a 1st rounder.

I understand the disappointment with not grabbing a QB, but I think it's time Jacksonville looks to improve the roster outside of QB before spending a high price on yet another QB and expecting him to succeed without a team in place around him. 

Plus, there are a couple FA options next year that could be a long-term solution (Cousins) or an average stopgap (Cutler).

just about every mock ive seen and draft simulator seems to have him pegged as a 3rd/4th. sure g is a need but u dont pass up a QB when there's one of value when you need a QB. 

i highly doubt the jags signs cousins if they are going to do what they are currently doing which is essentially your looking at maybe 60% run and 40% pass.  ive done the numbers with salaries and if we offered cousins or brees like 25 million which i still think is probably 2 low thats gonna leave us possibley in a tight cap pickle. granted we should be able to gain some more cap when we do cut bortles with 0 cap hit when he gets healthy.  cutting bortles will say us nearly 20 million. we have like 40 million in cap space but we also have 2 Starters who should be getting 2nd contracts in Allen Robinson(i think tagging him works best for both parties) and Telvin Smith(hes a leader on defense and a great WLB). 

its almost a guarantee the jags will draft a QB within the 1st 4 rounds.

6. Chicago Bears: Derwin James S, Florida State

37. Chicago Bears: Andrew Brown DE, Virginia 

107. Chicago Bears: Darius Leonard EDGE, South Carolina State

128. Chicago Bears (via ARI): Andre Chachere CB, San Jose State

143. Chicago Bears: Allen Lazard WR, Iowa State

183. Chicago Bears: Cody O’Connell OT, Washington State

229. Chicago Bears: DeAndre Goolsby TE, Florida

I'll give you props for doing a 7 round mock, but this one for the Bears isn't good.  WR is our biggest need, and you're having us get one in the 5th.  As of now, I wouldn't be surprised if we draft 2 WRs next year.  Our first four picks on defense?  Our D isnt that bad.  Sure we could use help on D, but our draft won't be defensive heavy either.  IMO, WR in round 1 or 2, and another one later.  Pass rusher with other 1st/2nd round pick, maybe another one later. 

8 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

6. Chicago Bears: Derwin James S, Florida State

37. Chicago Bears: Andrew Brown DE, Virginia 

107. Chicago Bears: Darius Leonard EDGE, South Carolina State

128. Chicago Bears (via ARI): Andre Chachere CB, San Jose State

143. Chicago Bears: Allen Lazard WR, Iowa State

183. Chicago Bears: Cody O’Connell OT, Washington State

229. Chicago Bears: DeAndre Goolsby TE, Florida

I'll give you props for doing a 7 round mock, but this one for the Bears isn't good.  WR is our biggest need, and you're having us get one in the 5th.  As of now, I wouldn't be surprised if we draft 2 WRs next year.  Our first four picks on defense?  Our D isnt that bad.  Sure we could use help on D, but our draft won't be defensive heavy either.  IMO, WR in round 1 or 2, and another one later.  Pass rusher with other 1st/2nd round pick, maybe another one later. 

I appreciate the feedback. 

I keep forgetting about the Kevin White injury and that Marshall/Jefferey are no longer with the team (for some reason). 

Archived