D82's 2018 7 Round Mock Draft v.3.0. **UPDATE**

D82

Desperado -

If you you swap Mike McGlinchey for your second Mason Rudolph selection (LOL - glad I never mess up like that!) that would be a dream first round for the Browns. Joe Thomas won't play forever, so the time is now to groom his replacement.

I also think this is Crow's last year in a Browns' uniform as he is set to hit FA next March. So Barkley makes more than a ton of sense.

5 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

You can't possibly believe this.....

Edit: I just saw that his mock has Darnold going back to school so it's arguable I guess.

why can't lamar be qb1? he has the arm talent makes good decisions can throw from every platform and has good deep ball accuracy but please tell me why a qb who didn't win in camp and has a handful of games is qb1 instead other than big white and has a 'strong arm'

6 minutes ago, Its A Sabotage said:

why can't lamar be qb1? he has the arm talent makes good decisions can throw from every platform and has good deep ball accuracy but please tell me why a qb who didn't win in camp and has a handful of games is qb1 instead other than big white and has a 'strong arm'

Nope, not even going to try to debate this with you.

From the Chargers perspective I do subscribe to the idea you can never have too many top notch edge rushers so I don't hate the pick. For personal preference I would take Key but that's nitpicking. 

DB and OT I feel would be bigger needs in round one and pending on what we see from Cardale Jones I'm thinking a QB is in play if they are in position to pick one up. 

8 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

What other positions would be a need?

personally, I'd grab another OT at some point.  We are going into the season with two unproven guys with absolutely zero depth behind them.

We should be set at WR, RB and TE at least another year.  Hill will undoubtedly seek greener pastures, but we have a couple of serviceable backup types waiting for their turn.  If we lose both Driskell this year and McCarron in the off-season, we will need a backmup QB, but my sense is we will try to keep Driskell stashed.  maybe we trade McCarron now if some QB goes down.

We have a lot of depth on the D-line.  I'd probably take a DE in the third.  Michael Johnson has fallen off a cliff, production wise.  Willis and Lawson should steal his snaps, but we still need a solid edge setter.  

We are super deep at CB and safety, but you know how this team covets CBs.  If Jones declines, we might need to replace him, but everyone else will return.  And all four safeties are under contract two more seasons or more.

LB is the big question mark for 2018 and beyond.  Everyone assumes Burfict will be extended. But Minter only signed a one year deal.  Can the team sign both for 2018?  I don't know, so that will possibly be a need.  But we also have a bunch of back end depth that could develop this year and slide in to Minter's role if he leaves.  I think we will try to keep at least 2 practice squad LBs as well as 6 on the roster.

Huber, the punter, has been above average to great during his career.  I think that he is also a free agent.  But he won't go anywhere else, provided the team still wants him.  He literally has played every home game of his life in Cincinnati  (HS, played for University of Cincinnati and now the Bengals).  If he declines, maybe a fifth to seventh rounder on a punter if they really like one.  As for kicker, as long as Elliot makes it out of camp, I see him kicking here for 12-15 years.

Archived