Why is Ronald Jones a bust?

Humble_Beast

He can't pass block most likely and that's keeping him from seeing playing time, probably also not giving 100% effort as a rookie. 

Once you get into a coach's doghouse it's hard to get out, unless he grows up real quick don't expect much out of him this year. 

Never liked him. He's small, doesn't break tackles, and has zero ability to pass block. Also, doesn't he struggle to catch passes? I don't really care if people can't catch passes, but I do when they also can't break tackles and run effectively inside. He's fast and willing to run between the tackles, but it's not effective when he's getting dragged down by 1-arm reach tackles. The comparisons to Jamaal Charles were laughed at by me...I just never saw it from him.

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Never liked him. He's small, doesn't break tackles, and has zero ability to pass block. Also, doesn't he struggle to catch passes? I don't really care if people can't catch passes, but I do when they also can't break tackles and run effectively inside. He's fast and willing to run between the tackles, but it's not effective when he's getting dragged down by 1-arm reach tackles. The comparisons to Jamaal Charles were laughed at by me...I just never saw it from him.

This. He just made bad defenses look bad in college. 

The guys career just started and people already call him a bust?  He got his first carries in his NFL career this last week.  Yeah can hold off on the bust talk for at least one or two years I would hope.  Give the guy a little bit of a chance before the apparent bust declaration.  

11 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

How did you feel about Aaron Jones? Lot of the same things were said about him coming out of college and he’s proving to be the biggest steal in the 6th round in a while for us. 

21 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

How did you feel about Aaron Jones? Lot of the same things were said about him coming out of college and he’s proving to be the biggest steal in the 6th round in a while for us. 

I honestly didn't evaluate Aaron Jones. Not because I thought he was bad, but because I never got around to it. 

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

The guys career just started and people already call him a bust?  He got his first carries in his NFL career this last week.  Yeah can hold off on the bust talk for at least one or two years I would hope.  Give the guy a little bit of a chance before the apparent bust declaration.  

People were racing to declare Jared Goff a bust as well.  Not sure why people think there's some sort of prize awarded to be the first to call it.

22 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

People were racing to declare Jared Goff a bust as well.  Not sure why people think there's some sort of prize awarded to be the first to call it.

Yeah who would not call Goff a bust after that first year, he was not very good, but sure helps now he has the best RB arguably in the NFL and one of the best three deep WR cores in the NFL as well.  Oh not to mention arguably the best young offensive mind the NFL has seen in probably 20 years or so.  Yeah that helps his currently level of success a little as well, just like Mahomes is helped by being coached by Andy Reid offensively.

Will see if Jones can do anything as the year goes on, sure that Bucs run games needs something but even that will not help that piss poor defense or what they have shown so far this year.  

Archived