Why is Ronald Jones a bust?

Humble_Beast

Is it too early to label him a bust? 

Yes. 

However he needs to change his game. I question his vision and football iq. He had a rough camp and had a tough time picking up the playbook. 

He dominated at USC Bc of his athleticism. The vision was lacking and it shows here. 

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:41 AM, REDandPEWTER said:

He dominated at USC Bc of his athleticism. The vision was lacking and it shows here. 

This couldn't be further from the truth, he wasn't even that dynamic of an athlete like that. Secondly, his vision was his calling card at USC, you probably need to go back and watch more film. Two things, USC ran a ZBS and TB runs right at you, that's a problem in itself, second this is all speculation but I almost guarantee that they were hoping for Nick Chubb who was selected two picks ahead and is a better fit and settled on Jones who doesn't even fit their scheme but they thought they could fit him into what they do.

47 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

This couldn't be further from the truth, he wasn't even that dynamic of an athlete like that. Secondly, his vision was his calling card at USC, you probably need to go back and watch more film. Two things, USC ran a ZBS and TB runs right at you, that's a problem in itself, second this is all speculation but I almost guarantee that they were hoping for Nick Chubb who was selected two picks ahead and is a better fit and settled on Jones who doesn't even fit their scheme but they thought they could fit him into what they do.

Tampa runs a ZBS

On 10/8/2018 at 12:00 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Name one RB that was never a pass catcher that became good at it. He'll never be a good pass catcher, which is what I'd expect from a finesse RB that doesn't break tackles. The fact that their run game sucks and he's only got 10 carries concerns me.

Mark Ingram and Melvin Gordon come immediately to mind.

2 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Tampa runs a ZBS

Well that's odd when you see powers and traps and straight up man blocking. I literally have not seen a single play where their OL takes a zone step on their runs, but I digress. I just read one of the major reason he doesn't play is because their offense is largely predicated on some sort of 5-6 man pass pro and require their RBs to be good in pass pro and Jones isn't good at all. Which is pretty much a waste

• 1 month later...

Archived