Week 4 GDT - Saints at New York Blue Team

Dome

Just now, Dome said:

I mean the WR that was being held was the one who couldn’t bring in the catch. That’s not really a bailout, the penalty directly impacted the play. 

I get that, but I'm not sure if he would have caught it without the hold.

I'm glad we saw some life in our defense today.  A lot of it was Eli and the Giants being horrid offensively, but a lot of it was good defense by us too.  Our defense has been decent in two games this year, and despite the fact that it was against Tyrod Taylor and the corpse of Eli, it's still a sign we're a lot better than we used to be.  Before last year, Tyrod would have torched us for 400 and Eli would have a career day.  Maybe there's hope yet for a defense capable of being carried to the promised land.

A bit disappointed in the slow start of our offense.  We've started slow in two games this year, and we won't be able to get away with that when we start playing better teams like the Rams.  But I have faith in our offense, and Ingram is back next week.  Plus, you know your offense is doing something right when they score 33 in a bad game.

All in all, I have a lot more hope now than I did a few weeks ago.

Also glad to see Davenport on the field making plays.  We need everything we can get out of him.

Just now, Raves said:

I missed the game due to having to help get a tree off my garage, but reading the thread sounds like it was more of the same Saints this season?  Inconsistency, some great plays followed by equally bad plays?

Slow start offensively, some miscues, everybody just a little bit off.  It was corrected later in the game, and we finished very strong.  And despite the slow start, we still could have had some TDs if not for a couple dropped passes in the endzone that easily should have been caught.

Defense did really well for the most part. 

Taysom Hill is now a legit part of our offense.  Thomas didn't have the greatest game, Kamara had a beastly day.  We ran the clock out really well, which is a far cry from previous seasons.  Brees accuracy off a bit at first, but he finished strong.  Had some big time passes later in the game to keep drives alive and get us out of a bind.   Jordan and Lattimore had good games.  Demario Davis as well.  Davenport blew up some plays also.

I felt like this was a solid game all around. Little shaky in pass pro and our QBs ;) missed some throws.

Defense committed to shutting down the playmakers and played well outside a few bad plays in the secondary. 

Davis probably gets he defensive game ball, AK obviously was the offense today. 

Archived