Week 4 GDT - Saints at New York Blue Team

Dome

6 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Slow start offensively, some miscues, everybody just a little bit off.  It was corrected later in the game, and we finished very strong.  And despite the slow start, we still could have had some TDs if not for a couple dropped passes in the endzone that easily should have been caught.

Defense did really well for the most part. 

Taysom Hill is now a legit part of our offense.  Thomas didn't have the greatest game, Kamara had a beastly day.  We ran the clock out really well, which is a far cry from previous seasons.  Brees accuracy off a bit at first, but he finished strong.  Had some big time passes later in the game to keep drives alive and get us out of a bind.   Jordan and Lattimore had good games.  Demario Davis as well.  Davenport blew up some plays also.

I knew Kamara had a big day, he was my 1st pick in fantasy football and he's been a beast for me.  But good to hear overall though.  Seems like we might be not a SB contender, but we will def make some noise in the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Raves said:

I knew Kamara had a big day, he was my 1st pick in fantasy football and he's been a beast for me.  But good to hear overall though.  Seems like we might be not a SB contender, but we will def make some noise in the playoffs.

As of right now, I think we're an 11-5 team.  Not a superbowl contender, but good enough to get hot at the right time and go on a run.

Obviously there is a long road ahead, but right now we have the 3rd best record in the NFL. Considering the start to the season and negative attitudes by many towards the rest of the season, I'd say things are looking pretty good. We also get a pro bowl caliber RB next week to add another weapon to our attack.

Unfortunately had to miss the game yesterday, got to watch the beginning (it was 7-6 NYG when I had to leave) but just got around to looking at the stats and highlights. Muuuuch better effort by the defense. By far our best running performance too, that's what I like to see. Getting back to that 2017 offense, sure you might work to shut down our pass game but we got Kamara (and now Ingram again!). Sure you might work to shut down our running game but then we got Brees. Liked what I saw, and if our defense can have more performances like this then I'm back to feeling better about our chances than any other NFC team not named the Rams. 

8 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Obviously there is a long road ahead, but right now we have the 3rd best record in the NFL. Considering the start to the season and negative attitudes by many towards the rest of the season, I'd say things are looking pretty good. We also get a pro bowl caliber RB next week to add another weapon to our attack.

It was a good performance (other than the inability to find the endzone in the first half) and we're certainly trending in the right direction.

My concerns are, the teams we've struggled against are also struggling against other struggling teams. 
Loss to Tampa (2-2) - Started strong (against mediocre teams) and now struggling.
Win over Cleveland (1-2-1) - Should have lost, and...well...it's Cleveland.
Win over Atlanta (1-3) - in overtime, likely due to their defense using half of the night crew due to injury, and they're 1-3
Win over NYGiants (1-3) - in our only performance where it looked like "we should win" and we actually did.

The next several games will be telling. Yes we get Ingram back, have a week 6 bi-week, so some of our players can get healed up.
Redskins (2-1) at home, MNF - Skins are looking decent
Ravens (3-1) on the road - Ravens D is looking stout!
Vikings (1-2-1) on the road - Vikings are struggling, and always play the Saints hard.
Rams (4-0) at home - Rams are the team to beat in the NFL right now. They are just crazy good.

Where we've been through 4 games - 3-1 to teams with 5 combined wins.
Where we're going next 4 games - ? - to teams with 10 combined wins.

I'm not going all "the sky is falling" or being overly negative, I'm just looking at what's coming, and noticing we've not put on a great performance on both sides of the ball, in the same game, yet. It just has me concerned.

Archived