jolly red giant

GDT Week 4: KC @ DEN

As much as I like Lindsay and love the Lindsay/Freeman combo moving into the future.  Lindsay has to do a better job blocking in pass pro than that.  That was pathetic.

We can't get in a scoring contest, they'll run away with it. What we can do is beat them up in the trenches. Turn the OL loose and run at 'em.

I will give Roby credit there, he actually came up with a clutch play and was aggressive there vs. Watkins.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

I will give Roby credit there, he actually came up with a clutch play and was aggressive there vs. Watkins.

The whole D needs to be more aggressive.  I can’t stand the playing back 10 yards

Posted (edited)

Bolles...dude.  Beaten not just 1x but 2x by Houston.    The coaches need to just realize he needs help in pass pro (which of course then leaves the RT alone, but right now we can't function like that).

We really need to consider moving him to RT next year if there's no progress, target a long-term solution at LT, and just admit it was a reach 1.20 pick for LT.   

Edited by Broncofan

I want our defense to hit Hill harder than he hits his girlfriend 

Feels like they really blew an opportunity to control the early portion of this game. 

I was holding out hope that Bolles would take a step in the right direction after his rookie year.  LT is not an easy position to play, but the past 2 weeks have not been good signs.  It’s not even because he lacks the physical talent.  He just continually makes dumb mental mistakes or technique mistakes.

The defense came ready to play but KC should really be bunching WRs more. That's really what has given our secondary problems. 

Interesting.  Shane Ray was playing cover LB on that 3rd down.

This series, it's Veldheer who can't keep the EDGE Ford off Keenum on 3rd down.    SMH

As much as QB is our long-term problem, this is a draft to get a LT, provided no more top guys get season ending injuries.  I do hope Kelly shows something next year - while Bolles is a sunk cost as LT, get a LT and move him to RT, his problems become much more manageable to handle.   Veldheer didn't play well there, but more importantly, he's not long for even this level of play, and he's pricey for the level of play he brings.  

Much better directional punting there by King.   

Let's see how KC adjusts to the blitzing and disguised coverage.   So far, I'll give Woods credit, he's had Mahomes guessing on passing downs what's happening.