GDT Week 4: KC @ DEN

jolly red giant

1 minute ago, germ-x said:

On another note.  Billy Turner has played well at RT.

When did Veldheer leave?

I will give the OL coach props, if Turner's played well a 2nd time, then they clearly are on the right path in player development.  Dude was a horror show last year  as a backup.  Even if he's just "not awful" - that's progress.

Is it me or does King just really not seem to be all that special? He was booming 80 yarders all training camp. Then the season starts and he looks just like any other punter. I get not wanting to out kick your coverage, but damn. 

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

When did Veldheer leave?

I will give the OL coach props, if Turner's played well a 2nd time, then they clearly are on the right path in player development.  Dude was a horror show last year  as a backup.  Even if he's just "not awful" - that's progress.

Shoot, I think Veldheer came up gimpy in the 1st half.  The fact you haven’t noticed is a testament to how well Turner has played.  He had a hell of a combo block and reached to the 2nd level on one of the first plays after half.

1 minute ago, iLikeDefense said:

Chubb, Ray, and Miller have been so close to sacks.

That's on our D-coord. You can't overload pressure on one side against a mobile QB without sealing the opposite edge. Denver has failed to do that over and over again tonight. 

Just now, iLikeDefense said:

Woods is so inconsistent. Idk why we play man when it’s 2nd and 30.. idk why have Our pass rushers cover TE’s down field.

I've been saying we need to not play off-coverage and be more aggressive.  But 2nd and 30....well SMH.  Oh well be careful what you wish for.

9 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Shoot, I think Veldheer came up gimpy in the 1st half.  The fact you haven’t noticed is a testament to how well Turner has played.  He had a hell of a combo block and reached to the 2nd level on one of the first plays after half.

TBH, I've been paying most attention to our DST...and the amazing Mahomes.  I'm just in awe at his creativity.   Those 2 throws on 3rd and 7 to Robinson, and 2nd and 30 to Robinson, you just don't see without elite talent...but the pocket awareness to elude our guys, and the creativity to do that left-handed throw.   I just have no words.

Hunt TD.  That is NOT on the D players...that's on Woods for that 2nd and 30 call. That was a crusher play.   

OK, time to see if Keenum can bring us back.  Given how bad our OL is....well, it seems like a miracle is needed.

Archived