Game 4, 2018: @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Bianconero

Ready to move on to the next regime. They’ve had multiple offseasons and training camps...the roster is so poor it’s untrue. 

We have no quality in ANY key areas!! How the **** is it possible to have four offseasons and still either not bring any top talent in or develop from within. 

It's all oline in my mind. Darnold couldn't make more than 1 read before the heat was there. Mayfield is thriving with time. But Darnold still needs to be more accurate. He's phenominal on the run but other than that he's been lack luster. I think with a better pockets his throws would be more settled .

36 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

It's all oline in my mind. Darnold couldn't make more than 1 read before the heat was there. Mayfield is thriving with time. But Darnold still needs to be more accurate. He's phenominal on the run but other than that he's been lack luster. I think with a better pockets his throws would be more settled .

bakers offense also seems to be set up for quicker decisions ... darn olds has timing build through progressions ... if they sit on the primary rush gets there pretty quick

Do you realize the Jets gave up 503 yards of offensive. that hasn't happen since 2008 ten years ago.  And for all teams to do that it was the Jags who sure aren't a power house offensive. And what is even worst is that Bowles had ten days to get ready for the game.

Here are my notes from this situation. 

* I'm not mad at the players on defense, it's the coaches. The gaps in the defense are way too wide and we're getting killed by every QB that steps on the field. 

*  Darnold missed some throws, but that was expected. You're not going to have the type of year he had in college and expect him to become Drew Brees overnight. This is the type of defense that can break young QBs into throwing INT's and he didn't. I don't know if I can blame him for not attacking downfield when we have coaches that punt when down in the 4th. 

* I'm already looking up the top LTs in next year's draft class. There are a lot of good names that we can pick up as OLB's in FA, but we'll have to take a LT in the draft unless this draft class doesn't turn out to be a good one. 

* I'm a fan of Henry Anderson. He's on track to have a really good year. 

*  We had no rushing attack at all. Credit to the Jags defense, but also our oline couldn't create a gap. 

*Reports are saying that the Jets, Eagles, and 49ers contacted the Steelers about Bell. It wouldn't surprise me if we got him if everyone is offering the same round pick now that our pick looks like it would be the best. We need someone defenses have to plan for to open things up for everyone else. Plus, Macc can sell the vision of Darnold & Bell, Cap Space, and a high pick next offseason. I'm not saying we should do it, but this is why it wouldn't surprise me if we did. 

* Fire everyone. 

15 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Damn it’s depressing to look around the league and then look at the Jets. It’s like we aren’t on the same level. We really are the worst team in football right now 

Absolutely. And it’s 100% on offense. It looks like we’re a decade behind the trend

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Absolutely. And it’s 100% on offense. It looks like we’re a decade behind the trend

I have been switching channels all day and you are right it is all about offensive. Even the teams that lost moved the ball up and down the field, except the Jets & Bills.

16 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I have been switching channels all day and you are right it is all about offensive. Even the teams that lost moved the ball up and down the field, except the Jets & Bills.

Wouldn't say the cardinals did until the very end

On defense, I am still confused as to why we run so much zone in the 2nd half against the Browns and 1st half against the Jaguars. Mayfield and Bortles tore it apart. In his 4 years, I've never seen us run a primary zone defense. And look how much better the defense was in the 2nd half today when we switched back to man.

29 minutes ago, Jetfan66 said:

On defense, I am still confused as to why we run so much zone in the 2nd half against the Browns and 1st half against the Jaguars. Mayfield and Bortles tore it apart. In his 4 years, I've never seen us run a primary zone defense. And look how much better the defense was in the 2nd half today when we switched back to man.

There’s this clueless guy at the helm 

Archived