Game 4, 2018: @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Bianconero

40 minutes ago, xenajets said:

We’ve been saying this since 2008...we are so inept on offense it’s untrue. 

I guess you didn't see the other 14 games around the NFL yesterday. Right now we are inept on offensive, we can't pass protect, we can't run the ball. Rob Anderson is only averaging 27 pass receiving yards per game for his last 6 games, and that's going back to the last two games last year. How could you say it is untrue. The Jets coaching staff has been pathetic both on offensive & defense.

Not much good to say about that game.  

Two biggest issues for me.  

Defense and their zone coverage.  It's disgusting watching the same play over and over getting burned.  If I had to watch another wide open Westbrook running the shallow cross against our zone and not one player with 5 yards I was going to puke.  Even Blake Bortles could complete those passes.  I mean a QB who could only muster 6 points we decide to give him easy reads in zone coverage.  Why in the world would we not play man to man with two good man to man CB's and quick LB like Lee and good safeties.  Literally our entire defense is better man to man and yet we play zone.  

Offense and the OL.  It's a shame to watch Darnold back there.  Teams like CLE and JAC barely blitzed us and still looked like they were rushing 6 every time.  When teams can rush 4 and get consistent pressure there's a reason why Darnold can't complete a pass and go through reads.  Dropping 7 in coverage and getting pressure is impossible for an offense and a young QB.  I watched on the Malik Jackson sack that killed our drive him stunt right by Long like he never seen a stunt before.  Our OL is so bad that Darnold doesn't even have a chance.

I think it's time to clean house.  Time to open the check book for a young bright offensive minded coach that can help Darnold and pair him with an up and coming GM.  This group is just clueless.

Spending draft picks on non pass rushing DL, ILB and safeties is a joke.  Three of the least important positions on defense.  Our coach who once every 3 games comes out completly flat and punts down 2 TD for 4 min to go.  The incompetence is amazing from top to bottom.  Thought Bates was that bright young mind to help Darnold but so far he' done nothing to convince me of that.  We have an elite deep threat that we don't use or even try to use.  I get our OL can't block for more then 2 seconds but figure out a way.    

This offseason we need to focus on Darnold he is the future.  The D will be fine if we can just score some points, it's how NE was able to field a competent defense all these years.  They put pressure on the opposing offense by scoring.  Our D is good enough where it could be successful with a good offense.

I have a short list of guys

GM
George Paton (my top choice)
DeJuan Polk
Joe Hortiz
Lake Dawson

HC
Matt LaFleur (my top choice)
John DeFilippo

Give me two bright young minds in Paton and LaFleur.

I have a feeling that we'll release Bowles, but not Macc because he wasn't involved with the start of the coaching search. He was hired towards the end of the coaching search when we were down to a few options. They'll probably give him a chance to hire his coach and sell the franchise QB, Cap Space, and picks situation we are now in. The only way he gets fired is if we only win 2-3 games this year. 

I hope Gary Vaynerchuck gets more aggressive about buying the team. It’s time for the Jets to be completely different starting with the CEO. The GM had his chance and completely flopped. The coach has just been terrible from jump so that’s a no brained. This regime has just been a complete disaster outside of a few good players falling and not yet developing to potential, due to coaching. 

8 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I guess you didn't see the other 14 games around the NFL yesterday. Right now we are inept on offensive, we can't pass protect, we can't run the ball. Rob Anderson is only averaging 27 pass receiving yards per game for his last 6 games, and that's going back to the last two games last year. How could you say it is untrue. The Jets coaching staff has been pathetic both on offensive & defense.

Don’t think you understood my post...I’m saying it’s unbelievable how bad we are on offense not that it’s not ‘untrue’ that we are so bad lol!! 

After our first four games, AVERY WILLIAMSON by far has been our best defensive player. And Henry Anderson, has been a pleasant surprise. Of course we didn't draft these guys they were both FA's. We all like Adams, but at times he trying to do much, and he got burnt on a couple of big player, but it won't be long when he will be one of best safeties in the NFL. It seems like Lee has turn his game around, good to see that. Not much more to say about rest of the defensive. I know some guys are going jump on me for this one, there were times this year where Shine has made some nice plays'

On 10/1/2018 at 12:50 PM, NJerseypaint said:

I'm still not convinced that Mac is at any fault. How can you grade talent when the coaching is obviously so poor? Bowles shot himself in the foot by keeping Kacy Rodgers on. I despise Kacy Rodgers so so much.

Not at fault...

Not. At. Fault.

Amazing

1 minute ago, NJerseypaint said:

Give any other head coach this team and I bet Mac looks like a damn genius.

Macc's  drafting is why we are the way we are. Take the FA's off this team and we will lose every game. His drafting skills are pathetic. HE HAS TO GO ALSO.

13 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Macc's  drafting is why we are the way we are. Take the FA's off this team and we will lose every game. His drafting skills are pathetic. HE HAS TO GO ALSO.

I don't really care if Macc stays or leaves. His biggest folly has been Hack, but as a QB needy team I don't blame him. Gotta shoot your shot. We aren't talent less though. We great starters in Darnold, Adams, Maye, Lee, Leo; solid starters in guys like Shell, Leggett, Jordan Jenkins, Robby; and the jury is still out on Shepherd, Herndon, Derrick Jones, and Nickerson. Our FA's have been great contributors for the most part too. The problem is our head coach is piss poor at game management. We never have an offense and our defense is always gassed by the 4th. Give Zimmer our defense and we're a top 5 unit.

Archived