Week 4 - Raiders vs. Browns

big_palooka

Related image

A game day thread is tradition. This is why we are here. This is the saddest point I can recall in this forum having been posting here for over a decade. I'm flat out embarrassed at some of you. We've fallen so low, you're afraid of the Cleveland Browns? Won't even discuss the game? The team needs to "earn" a game day thread. Get out of here with this.....Raidernation has reached a new low with this 0-3 start.

There is a game to be played. And despite many people's high expectations and an 0-3 start, this team isn't that far off and the tides can turn in an instant. 

Let's start with defense:

The defense is ranked 13th coming despite a lack of pass rush. Good news is, the Browns tackles are weak. I look for Key to get it going this week. He's been getting good pressure and eventually the sacks start to come. 

Mayfield is getting all the attention. But he's a rookie QB making his first road start. Guenther will have these guys ready to play.

Offense:

Despite some late game struggles, this offense has moved the ball. They get a solid defense in Cleveland, but Gruden can find ways to beat them where they are weak. Look for Cooper to get involved again this week and look for them to test the Browns LBs in space. 

End of the day....

Raiders are favorites at homes. This team is well coached and knows falling to 0-4 would amplify pressure. Looks for a course correction this week against a team they should beat at home. 

Raiders schedule has been far from easy.. Super Bowl favorites, to Mile High on a short week, to an east coast early game against an undefeated team. Their schedule from here on out gets much easier and I don't think 8-5/9-4 to finish the season is that far out of the question.

The Raiders aren't nearly as bad as some people on here are making them out to be. They just need some red bull in the locker room at the half and they should be golden!

I think Guenther will mix up coverages and cause problems for Mayfield but we are going to need a pass rush. Offense has been moving the ball but have been poor in the red zone, hopefully we get that improved. Bit concerned that Browns with Garrett could be a big problem. 

20-13 Raiders. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Related image

A game day thread is tradition. This is why we are here. This is the saddest point I can recall in this forum having been posting here for over a decade. I'm flat out embarrassed at some of you. We've fallen so low, you're afraid of the Cleveland Browns? Won't even discuss the game? The team needs to "earn" a game day thread. Get out of here with this.....Raidernation has reached a new low with this 0-3 start.

There is a game to be played. And despite many people's high expectations and an 0-3 start, this team isn't that far off and the tides can turn in an instant. 

Let's start with defense:

The defense is ranked 13th coming despite a lack of pass rush. Good news is, the Browns tackles are weak. I look for Key to get it going this week. He's been getting good pressure and eventually the sacks start to come. 

Mayfield is getting all the attention. But he's a rookie QB making his first road start. Guenther will have these guys ready to play.

Offense:

Despite some late game struggles, this offense has moved the ball. They get a solid defense in Cleveland, but Gruden can find ways to beat them where they are weak. Look for Cooper to get involved again this week and look for them to test the Browns LBs in space. 

End of the day....

Raiders are favorites at homes. This team is well coached and knows falling to 0-4 would amplify pressure. Looks for a course correction this week against a team they should beat at home. 

The Browns aren't as bad as you think they are. We are 1-1-1 but with decent kicking we are undefeated even when we had a struggling QB and we faced the Steelers and Saints the first two weeks. Carr needs to be on his game this week I think for a Raiders win.

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’ll be in the Browns thread this week. We don’t deserve a GDT until we win.

Just don't get it man.. GDTs are for us fans to enhance our experience during the game. How does boycotting something that was made by fans for fans do anything besides lower the quality of the experience of the fans participating?

You're like the kid at the top of the slide who won't let anyone down until little Johnny gives you your toy back..

12 minutes ago, raiders4life said:

Just don't get it man.. GDTs are for us fans to enhance our experience during the game. How does boycotting something that was made by fans for fans do anything besides lower the quality of the experience of the fans participating?

You're like the kid at the top of the slide who won't let anyone down until little Johnny gives you your toy back..

Dang, you guys have zero sense of humor what so ever. I’m not boycotting. I’m just playfully making fun of our play this year. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Dang, you guys have zero sense of humor what so ever. I’m not boycotting. I’m just playfully making fun of our play this year. 

..And I just got you to come back into the thread you were boycotting. :D

Seriously though, the amount of people who are posting always goes down when the team is losing and it's to be expected. I just thought it was funny that instead of "I don't even want to go on FF cause everyone will be whining" you pretty much announced that "I'll be in the other team's thread cause at least they will be active and happy".

It's like a little kid who didn't make the baseball team but he hides in a tree in the outfield and watches the team practice without him. He visualizes that he had his own team that he was the star of and they beat down the team that cut him.

I apologize I'm bored and just drank a little too much coffee.. 9_9

16 minutes ago, raiders4life said:

..And I just got you to come back into the thread you were boycotting. :D

Seriously though, the amount of people who are posting always goes down when the team is losing and it's to be expected. I just thought it was funny that instead of "I don't even want to go on FF cause everyone will be whining" you pretty much announced that "I'll be in the other team's thread cause at least they will be active and happy".

It's like a little kid who didn't make the baseball team but he hides in a tree in the outfield and watches the team practice without him. He visualizes that he had his own team that he was the star of and they beat down the team that cut him.

I apologize I'm bored and just drank a little too much coffee.. 9_9

And once again what I said was purely out of humor and just making fun of our team in a playful way. They were never meant to be taken seriously. I knew there’d be one or two guys that read too much into it.

With that said Raiders win 24 to 21.

2 minutes ago, Nodisrespect said:

Rock bottom or first win ?

This game will tell us a lot. With a win we are a 6-7 win team who lost to good competition first three weeks. With a loss we are a 4 win team and we should all start watching a lot of footage for the draft.

Archived