Seahawks want 2nd round pick for Earl Thomas; Update: Thomas out for the year with broken leg

DigInBoys

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

Obviously sucks the Earl Thomas got hurt and I agree that this is what he was worried about. Thay being said, the dude is under contract and not on his rookie deal.

What exactly is his argument? Every player should not be guaranteed an extension once they're in the last year of their deal. 

agree 100%. hes getting old, seattle was right on not wanting a long term deal. plus he mayve gotten hurt.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Really hurts his chances for a big deal next year.

Because of a leg fracture?  If it's a typical fracture, that can heal in roughly six weeks.  Thomas isn't going to play the remainder of the season, even if he was able, but he could potentially come back later in the season.

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Well they kept trying to force him in. They succeeded and he wound up getting hurt. No wonder why he wants to leave. Everyteam obviously tries to do this but this will only reinforce other players arguments arguments that either a trade or a deal needs to be done before they get back on the field again. If I am Earl Thomas I wouldn't even play for the franchise tag, I would do everything in my power to get out of there.

Lol. Yeah, totally. You wouldn't play for the franchise tag. You wouldn't play for millions. That's just...beneath you. ???

(Don't get sensitive)

Archived