Week 5 GDT - Green Bay (2-1-1) @ Detroit (1-3)

Leader

When: Sunday, October 7th @ 1:00PM EST
Where: Ford Field, Detroit MI

Last Week:
Dallas over Detroit
Green Bay over Buffalo

NFC North Standings:
Chicago (3-1)
Green Bay (2-1-1)
Minnesota (1-2-1)
Detroit (1-3)

Other NFC North Games:
Minnesota @ Philadelphia
Chicago - Bye Week

Heading to Ford Field to shut down the DET passing game, pick up a second division win and bury DET in a deep early season hole

Green Bay 2018 Season Schedule / Results:
Chicago - Win - 24-23
Minnesota - Tie - 29-29 OT
Washington - Loss - 31-17
Buffalo - Win - 22-0
Detroit
San Francisco
Bye
Los Angeles Rams
New England
Miami
Seattle
Minnesota
Arizona
Atlanta
Chicago
New York Jets
Detroit

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

"The Detroit Lions have made a slow start to the season, and are now two games back on the Bears after a loss at Dallas. But the Lions had chances to win that game, and after last week’s victory over New England, they have proven they can be a tough team to beat.

The Lions will need to show some consistency, but if they can beat the Packers at home in Week 5, they’ll be right back in the mix. Following a Week 6 bye, Detroit plays at Miami and versus Seattle.

The bad news for Detroit is that it has already lost three games, and can probably only afford three more defeats to maintain a playoff push. With two games against the Packers, Bears and Vikings still to play, as well as meetings with the Panthers and Rams still on the schedule, the losses to the Jets, 49ers and Cowboys might cost them in the end"

https://lombardiave.com/2018/10/01/packers-nfc-north-open-week-4/

This Detroit team is a lot better than their record would indicate.  While they've looked pretty bad in their home opener, they've looked pretty good since then. 

IMO we've got to play substantially better than we've played in the last 2 weeks if we're going to get the W.  Detroit usually plays us pretty tough at Ford Field.

• Like 3

Just now, SSG said:

This Detroit team is a lot better than their record would indicate.  While they've looked pretty bad in their home opener, they've looked pretty good since then. IMO we've got to play substantially better than we've played in the last 2 weeks if we're going to get the W.  Detroit usually plays us pretty tough at Ford Field.

I can agree with this :)

Offense and defense has to be good to win this one.  I'm not terribly worried about this one because the Lions have only beaten the Patriots and the Patriots have been struggling all year.  Nobody wants to say it, but Brady's arm is falling off.  He isn't Brady right now.  It's not just because of his lack of receivers.  He's got his lowest yards per attempt since 2002 right now, he's already thrown 4 interceptions in 4 games and other than yesterday, the Patriots defense isn't good.  Belichick said it himself, nobody knows the Patriots and how to play them better than Patricia. 

I'm not confident about this game just because I don't know who we are yet.  We could easily still be pretenders about to get exposed.  Or, if our offense improves and we hold them under 20 points, I could see us as contenders.