Week 5 GDT - Green Bay (2-1-1) @ Detroit (1-3)

Leader

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Is nobody going to comment on how Davante leveled Montgomery?  I obviously can't tell for certain, but it looked like Davante was pissed off at Montgomery.  It's not like he couldn't see who he was knocking down. Our players know we're better than this.  Time to prove it. 

Actually till you'd commented on it I thought that was 83 MVS and that he was "lost in rookie space"

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

We literally did that.  Rodgers literally stared directly at him, at a WIDE OPEN him and paused long enough for defenders to run up to him before he threw it to him.

For the love of God, it's not McCarthy, it's Rodgers.  I specifically looked for it during the game and even with the broadcast camera angle, i saw players wide open who Rodgers didn't throw to.  Especially in the first half. 

Players were open and Rodgers didn't throw to them. 

It's both. For every play you had a open guy, there was another where we needed an open guy and 2-3 of our receivers were all within a 5 yard radius of each other.

The ball needs to come out quicker and the route concepts need cleaning up. I know they're not designed that way but that's how they end up.

Whats the over under on the kind of game Tramon had? I didnt see it but some things I read werent that great. '

Can we assess his game now? How's he contributing?

I wouldnt mind Breeland getting up to speed.....sooner rather than later. It appears that (as usual) we're gonna have CBs/DBs on and off the injury report all season long.

Edited by Leader

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Whats the over under on the kind of game Tramon had? I didnt see it but some things I read werent that great. '

Can we assess his game now? How's he contributing?

He's an all-Packer defender right now.  Capable of doing a lot, just not at the level we need or in the spot we need.  He's not bad, he's old.  If we made a move for a pass rusher and Clay played ILB, Tramon played safety, we'd be a top defense right now.

26 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

He's an all-Packer defender right now.  Capable of doing a lot, just not at the level we need or in the spot we need.  He's not bad, he's old.  If we made a move for a pass rusher and Clay played ILB, Tramon played safety, we'd be a top defense right now.

Even if we didn't get another pass rusher there isn't really a drop off from Clay to Gilbert on the edge.

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

We were down 10 points after the first quarter, and 20 points at half.  The ability to run the ball goes out the window when you're down by such a big margin.  This loss is pinned on the turnovers and missed kicks, plain and simple.  It was another sloppy game of football for the Packers.

The run game was completely abandoned long before it was 24-0.  We were kicking FGs because of an offensive complexly incapable of getting into the endzone in the first half.  Even then The ability to run the ball NEVER goes out the window when you are playing the 32nd run defense who's playing in coverage the entire game because they don't respect their opponents rushing attack.  I'd imagine if the announcers knew exactly what McCarthy was going to call based on his personnel groupings that the Lions defensive staff had no issues figuring out.  

• Like 1

Wow.  Don't participate on the internet while I'm watching the game.  After reading this thread I would suggest that half of you start to resist also.  Of the 108 pages there are about 80 pages of just plain stupid comments.  RESIST.  Now, after watching the game again, I'm left with theses impressions.

King is NOT a pu$$y for getting kicked in the face and needing off the field care to stop the bleeding.

The lack of pass rush had nothing to do with this loss, statistics prove we are getting good pressure.

Special teams were a total failure and the single largest problem as to why we lost and we didn't even PUNT once!

Yes, most of our passing yards came AFTER we were down 24-0! DUH!  Makes total sense doesn't it?!?!

Edited by Dubz41
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Wow.  Don't participate on the internet while I'm watching the game.  After reading this thread I would suggest that half of you start to resist also.  Of the 108 pages there are about 80 pages of just plain stupid comments.  RESIST.  Now, after watching the game again, I'm left with theses impressions.

King is NOT a pu$$y for getting kicked in the face and needing off the field care to stop the bleeding.

The lack of pass rush had nothing to do with this loss, statistics prove we are getting good pressure.

Special teams were a total failure and the single largest problem as to why we lost and we didn't even PUNT once!

Yes, most of our passing yards came AFTER we were down 24-0! DUH!  Makes total sense doesn't it?!?!

Yeah the comment about King being a pu$$y was really ignorant. Not sure what he's supposed to do there. Fountain his face blood all over the WR's hands so they can't catch?

On 10/9/2018 at 3:30 PM, Kepler said:

Yeah the comment about King being a pu$$y was really ignorant. Not sure what he's supposed to do there. Fountain his face blood all over the WR's hands so they can't catch?

Back in my day players didn't have faces to cut.

I remember that comment, I was like yeah I'm not going to bother.

On 10/9/2018 at 2:52 PM, Dubz41 said:

That's what it is though, a way to vent and nobody really cares how mad you are to say anything because everyone is mad. My favorites are when we have a bad first half and it's zomgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg every post, "Im done with this team" etc etc, bc they're down 14 in the first. Then they come back and win by double digits and none of those people post in the second half, they weren't frustrated so they didn't need to vent so they aren't here. I mean, I get it, I guess.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2018 at 3:30 PM, Kepler said:

Bruh I'd be put on IR after that xD

Get a cleet on your lip, that **** has got to be PAINFUL. 

• 2 years later...