Week 5 GDT - Green Bay (2-1-1) @ Detroit (1-3)

Leader

1 hour ago, SSG said:

This Detroit team is a lot better than their record would indicate.  While they've looked pretty bad in their home opener, they've looked pretty good since then. 

IMO we've got to play substantially better than we've played in the last 2 weeks if we're going to get the W.  Detroit usually plays us pretty tough at Ford Field.

Their offense is underrated. Solid line and really deep at WR.

We can run on them, which should open up playaction. However, I don't see packers winning this without a balanced attack. 

26 minutes ago, Howler said:

Their offense is underrated. Solid line and really deep at WR.  We can run on them, which should open up playaction.

Thats what I was thinking when I looked at the recap video.

Dallas just racked up 183yds on the ground against them - Elliott getting 152.
Plus - for good measure - Elliott had 88yds receiving.
Hence my earlier comment: "See 21 run and see if you see 33"

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Thats what I was thinking when I looked at the recap video.

Dallas just racked up 183yds on the ground against them - Elliott getting 152.
Plus - for good measure - Elliott had 88yds receiving.
Hence my earlier comment: "See 21 run and see if you see 33"

Dallas also is a run first mentality and will  consistently stick to that game script.  

GB will need to do the same to exploit that DET run defense as a potential weakness.

9 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Dallas also is a run first mentality and will  consistently stick to that game script.  

GB will need to do the same to exploit that DET run defense as a potential weakness.

I fear they won’t. Washington dared them to run... the broadcast opening laughed about how their coaches didn’t think Rodgers was patient enough to do this.

With anger/frustrated Rodgers... I expect him going out there to prove a point and throw early/often.

Just pray that they give the ball to Blount.  He's a giant restrictor plate on this entire offense.  If they took him off the team it would immediately get 10-15% better and be one of the best offenses in the league. 

Their 3 WRs are all comparable in overall talent, yet have unique strengths. Likewise, I think GB's best matchups should be JA vs Tate who is shifty and speedy like a better Cobb, King (who will be out, so Tramon or Breeland) vs Marvin Jones who is a deep vertical guy, and JJ vs Golladay who is great in the intermediate and crossing routes over the middle.

Blount is so bad that the opportunity cost of just having him on the field and NOT giving him the ball is that you keep a receiving threat in Theo Riddick or Kerryon Johnson off the field.  And actually giving him the ball is just a horrible idea.  The lions open up really big holes and have a great IOL, then he hesitates and just falls over.  It's quite possible Blount is one of the worst players in the NFL.

Naturally, he will have a great game against us.

22 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Just pray that they give the ball to Blount.  He's a giant restrictor plate on this entire offense.  If they took him off the team it would immediately get 10-15% better and be one of the best offenses in the league. 

Their 3 WRs are all comparable in overall talent, yet have unique strengths. Likewise, I think GB's best matchups should be JA vs Tate who is shifty and speedy like a better Cobb, King (who will be out, so Tramon or Breeland) vs Marvin Jones who is a deep vertical guy, and JJ vs Golladay who is great in the intermediate and crossing routes over the middle.

Blount is so bad that the opportunity cost of just having him on the field and NOT giving him the ball is that you keep a receiving threat in Theo Riddick or Kerryon Johnson off the field.  And actually giving him the ball is just a horrible idea.  The lions open up really big holes and have a great IOL, then he hesitates and just falls over.  It's quite possible Blount is one of the worst players in the NFL.

Naturally, he will have a great game against us.

insert gif of Blount run against us when he was on the Bucs

34 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Just went at rewatched that run man that 2011 defense still had some dudes on it.  Fricken Nick Collins probably would have brought him down, Peprah sucked on that play.  I was at the game Collins got hurt earlier that year.

Now I'm sad.

15 minutes ago, Stevein2012 said:
52 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Just went at rewatched that run man that 2011 defense still had some dudes on it.  Fricken Nick Collins probably would have brought him down, Peprah sucked on that play.  I was at the game Collins got hurt earlier that year.

Now I'm sad.

Nick Collins was my favourite player in my early years of being a fan :( 

I think we won't get killed by their receivers like in years past, but we reallllllly need to get after the passer like against the Bills. Stafford will start throwing picks if we rattle him early and often. He will challenge our CBs deep, good opportunity to see if we can neutralize another good recieving core.

If we can have King, Alexander and Jackson healthy, I think we roll. They have 3 good WR's in Tate, Jones and Golladay. I think our three are better than their three however. 

Rodgers has to practice this week so he's not so rusty. He missed a few too many throws and his receivers made better catches than they should have had to make on other throws. He's not usually off on 3 throws a game.