Which AFCS QB would you take?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which AFCS QB would you take?

• Luck
    • Bortles
    • Mariota
    • Watson

Just now, pwny said:

I mean the point was he's literally the same QB he was last year, but if he's going to have more excuses made for him, okay.

he's thrown 3 interceptions this year. 2 were the two throws he made in the dolphins game after he went back in despite not being able to feel his hand, and predictably, he threw two wobbly arm punts. you extrapolated those across an entire season's worth of games. it's very stupid.

Box score scouting wins every time my dudes. Lets ignore the fact that pretty much everyone who tracks every single QB play, whether it be a place like pro football focus or people from Cian Fahey, Johnny Kinsley and others note that Mariota was much better than his raw stats indicated, and all of them had Mariota inside the top 15 QBs.

But because the stats say he had a down year I guess that's all that matters.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

he's thrown 3 interceptions this year. 2 were the two throws he made in the dolphins game after he went back in despite not being able to feel his hand, and predictably, he threw two wobbly arm punts. you extrapolated those across an entire season's worth of games. it's very stupid.

Even with this, last year he was also awful.

How can he be put where y'all are saying/superior to Blake in any way based on anything since the beginning of last season?

Just now, TitanLegend said:

Box score scouting wins every time my dudes. Lets ignore the fact that pretty much everyone who tracks every single QB play, whether it be a place like pro football focus or people from Cian Fahey, Johnny Kinsley and others note that Mariota was much better than his raw stats indicated, and all of them had Mariota inside the top 15 QBs.

But because the stats say he had a down year I guess that's all that matters.

Cian?

Cian?!?!?!

Just now, .Buzz said:

Even with this, last year he was also awful.

How can he be put where y'all are saying/superior to Blake in any way based on anything since the beginning of last season?

mostly because blake sucks *** when we play each other and winning division games matters. i'm on record as saying they're similar-tier QBs at this point overall.

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

mostly because blake sucks *** when we play each other and winning division games matters. i'm on record as saying they're similar-tier QBs at this point overall.

Yeah, but I'm not sure why just because a player struggles with a team he should he held in a lower light.

It's weird af, but he's far from the only QB who has a team he just doesn't play well against. Shouldn't be knocked when his all around game has been solid and clearly is superior statistically to be put in the same category as Marcus.

6 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

A quick google search shows me that Fahey also ranked Dak Prescott in the top 5.  

It isn't really about numbers.  My teams QB is Cam Newton - I know how misleading numbers can be.  Mariota just doesn't impress me that much when I watch him play.  He's just whatever.  He's in a mix with a bunch of other whatever guys.

12 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

I'm just having fun with the oddity that the numbers are so identical. If you want to be mad, be mad that he plays entire seasons like he doesn't have feeling in his hand.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, but I'm not sure why just because a player struggles with a team he should he held in a lower light.

It's weird af, but he's far from the only QB who has a team he just doesn't play well against. Shouldn't be knocked when his all around game has been solid and clearly is superior statistically to be put in the same category as Marcus.

bortles been "clearly superior statistically" for one season and i guess two and a half games if you really want to extend that argument into this year. that one season was the worst of mariota's career by a wide margin. he was (at least close to) fully healthy for the first time all year today and you saw what he was able to do. so yeah, not really ready to call it on this one.

2 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

A quick google search shows me that Fahey also ranked Dak Prescott in the top 5.  

It isn't really about numbers.  My teams QB is Cam Newton - I know how misleading numbers can be.  Mariota just doesn't impress me that much when I watch him play.  He's just whatever.  He's in a mix with a bunch of other whatever guys.

Dak must be a top 5 QB then.

*shrug*

10 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Fahey has a lot of weird rankings. But his statistics, which hold true, show how misleading Mariota's statline makes his 2017 season look.

The 10th-14thish rank I have him in isn't a wow group of QBs. It's the Mariota/Watson/Carr/Cousins/Tannehill type group. Guys who aren't elite but you can win with assuming you can build a competent team. It's where I've had Mariota since his rookie year. It's where I had him after his 2016 season where everyone was going crazy over him and Carr being the next elite QBs(which I called ridiculous in both cases, can ask people in the Titans forum and Raiders forum about that).

People act as if there's a ton of great QBs in the NFL. There's like 3 elite guys in Brady/Brees/Rodgers. Group of very good guys like Wilson, Roethlisberger, Luck. Guys like Wentz, Goff and Newton in the next group(Wentz and maybe Goff with the potential to move up). Then you've got the group/tier with guys like Mariota and the others I listed. Decent to good QBs.

Edit: Left out Ryan and Stafford in the group with Wentz and co.

Archived