Jump to content
NVRamsFan

Tyler Eifert broken ankle to have surgery

Recommended Posts

He should probably just retire at this point. He should have made enough money by now to get him through retirement. No need to put your body through all the hits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s truly been one of the most unlucky players I’ve ever seen injury wise. All the talent in the world and can only imagine he would have been a top TE in this league had he remained healthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel bad for Eifert.  He has the tools to be an elite receiving TD but just can't stay healthy.  At least his season ended with a good game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

He should probably just retire at this point. He should have made enough money by now to get him through retirement. No need to put your body through all the hits.

He'll be back on another 1 year prove it deal for the Bengals unless they draft someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

also, sucks for Eifert.  He was taking hits and bouncing back, having a good year.  This is really bad luck on a brutal play.  Unlucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theJ said:

He'll be back on another 1 year prove it deal for the Bengals unless they draft someone.

At this point, he's got to consider quality of life - significant injuries like his are only going to hurt more as he ages. 

Sure he'd be a quality asset to any team, but he's got to think of life after football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

The way that broke would ruin anyone

He has been injured every year, though.

Some players bodies just cant hold up to the punishment of the NFL.

Its sad, but the guy should just retire.   Im sure he will attempt another comeback, but is it even worth it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ET80 said:

At this point, he's got to consider quality of life - significant injuries like his are only going to hurt more as he ages. 

Sure he'd be a quality asset to any team, but he's got to think of life after football.

Concerns like that went out the window when he came back from the back surgery.  If he forced himself to come back after that, he'll come back after an ankle injury.  And someone will sign him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's unfair that a player has to deal with such injuries but it could be even more severe. What if it was his neck or back again, paralysis among other possibilities . He should forget about a return and move on and enjoy life while he still can. If he needs football that badly, he can join this forum and go from there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×