The Good, the Bad, the WINNING TEAM vs the Browns

RaidersAreOne

yeah some of those trades bad

• didn't get fair value for trade down 1st when the Cardinals were desperate for a franchise 
  • 2nd round trade down
  • dumping Ryan Switzer for peanuts when he looks good on the Steelers
  • giving a 5th for a guy likely to be cut AJ
  • trading a 3rd for Bryant(with suspension looming) when Jarvis Landry coming off leading the NFL in receptions was traded for a 4th 
  • Mack trade, didn't want to ship him out, but wanted more value... those picks are going be late first rounders and we gave up a 2nd as if Mack wasn't enough

I do like the 2018 draft by Gruden..landed 

• potential LT of the future
  • dynamic Edge Rusher with a lot of potential
  • Two interior pass rushers with promise
  • Possible RT of the future

plus Nick Nelson could see the field sometime in the future as a position that has been lacking talent....

23 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Hurst showed elite potential yesterday and I'm so glad we were able to get him in the 5th round. Because I loved the guy!

FWIW, PFF has him as the highest ranked player on the team overall. Played really well yesterday 

Carr looks unsettled in the pocket.  I feel that he's still concerned about his leg break.  Is it the Oline that's not playing well?  When he gets crowded in the pocket it's like he loses his focus and freezes. If he doesn't pull out of this we'll be 4-12. 

I had high hopes for Arden Key.  I feel he has talent but needs to work on technique.  I had hoped Mack could coach him.  What a loss.

Now Chuckie.  He owes me for all the sedation I've had to experience during the last four games.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I've been pleasantly surprised by Miller. But passing on James was still dumb. Dude is wrecking things through 4 games and has to be on a short list of DROY candidates. 

Also, another dumb trade was round 2 with the Titans letting them move up to draft Landry.

They were probably still giving Joseph a chance. He was a reach to begin with. 

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I've been pleasantly surprised by Miller. But passing on James was still dumb. Dude is wrecking things through 4 games and has to be on a short list of DROY candidates. 

I'd take the LT over the S everytime, even if the S is a better player.

4 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

He used to do that and extend plays all the time before the last injury. I wish he would do it also. We know he can. Why doesn’t he?

Broken back and broken leg will do that to you.  It's funny to me that we want to see him scramble but then people question his durability.  Bottom line, the less bumps he takes the better.  You didn't see Peyton scrambling very often. Or Brady. Or Brees.  I want him to master this game mentally so he doesn't need to use his legs. 

4 minutes ago, Totty said:

Broken back and broken leg will do that to you.  It's funny to me that we want to see him scramble but then people question his durability.  Bottom line, the less bumps he takes the better.  You didn't see Peyton scrambling very often. Or Brady. Or Brees.  I want him to master this game mentally so he doesn't need to use his legs. 

He can still move around and try to extend plays I know he has it in him 

Archived