17 members have voted

1. 1. Who is it?

• Amos Jones
    • Hornby
    • Antonio Callaway
    • The Referees
    • Evil Kermit
    • Other (please specify)

The 3-1 Baltimore Ravens travel to Cleveland to square off with the 1-2-1 Cleveland Browns.  In an attempt to maintain civility, I would like to invite Ravens fan @Reginaldm9 to our forum to discuss the matchup for the week.  Let's welcome him to to the forum and try to treat him with respect.

I told myself I was done discussing the Browns for the night after getting a victory robbed from us earlier.  It could only end with cynicism and negativity.  But, someone has to muster up the courage to make a GDT in these hard times. 

tumblr_orngz1jo4a1u7cp7eo1_400.gif

Key Matchups:

Browns vs. the referees

Jabril Peppers vs. his lead-blockers

Hue Jackson vs. signs of intelligent life and watching the tape

Amos Jones vs. the hot seat

Pass-'catchers' vs. Stick-um

And, as always, Ray Lewis vs. the disappearing white suit

giphy.gif

If we can figure out how to beat Baltimore and the refs, we are back in the thick of the AFC North.  This is a must-win.  I have seen little justification for keeping Hue Jackson for quite sometime.  A 1-3-1 start and distance from the rest of the Division would seem hard for anyone to defend further employment.  

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bb194b3706c494849

Reasons for hope

Baker Mayfield 

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bb1979e3176712e59

Myles Garrett

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bb195dc4d522e6573

1 week closer to no more Hue Jackson

200w.gif?cid=8d8c03585bb1837771676c4a325

My 3-year old sat and watched the end of the 4 hour game today.  I tried explaining to him when it was heading to overtime that this was how Browns games historically go, and it was going to end in a loss.  He mostly just kept the encouragement going with "Go Browns" and "I'm watchin' football."  Still working on the vocabulary... If he has to grow up to watching black and white Browns highlights to see times of greatness (or even .500 seasons) though, I'm hoping he forges his own path.  I fear he's already in too deep though.  Once you dig that hole, it just gets deeper over time.  Except for those who escaped into the Hall of Traitors (HOT).  

May this coming Sunday be that corner we turn.  And if not, may it come with the next Head Coach, soon to come (enter, optimism).  In all seriousness, this divisional game is huge and an opportunity to stay very much in the race, despite a ridiculous loss vs. the Raiders.  Invite all your friends over here.  Let's break bread and celebrate these exciting times.  

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bb1979e3176712e59

I have high hopes, but maybe I shouldn't. This Ravens defense is a force. It's a significant step up from what the Browns faced against Oakland. The pass rush will be fierce, Baker's gonna have to be decisive, and we cannot afford as many costly mistakes as we made today. It'll be a great test for this Browns team. 

I'm worried about the defense. Losing Mitchell really hurt, the difference he made was clear. Watching Flacco air it out to John Brown tonight concerned me. I know the Ravens are gonna rack up some points. I hope we can keep up.

I expect the Browns to come out extremely motivated, angry for redemption after this tough loss, but I don't know if it will be enough. Baker's gonna have to light it up. Despite the tougher defense he'll be facing, I think this was a great experience for him to grow and learn from his mistakes, and I think we'll see signs of improvement.

Can't wait for Sunday. I need it now.

I'll be at this one for my first ever game.

I've just been pleasantly surprised having looked at the weather report. I guess I'll leave my coat in the car at the airport here.

Also, just so I'm not doing it wrong. I'm supposed to down jugs of cheap wine before the game right?

11 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Over or under ravens te's 130 yards and 2 tds. 

We cant cover tes for crap in Greg's scheme.

Going with the Over....we can't cover anyone that Ward isn't on. What's amazing is, the Raiders didn't have to adjust anything since we gave them everything they wanted....I had flashbacks of last year when I saw the Raiders on 3rd and 3 and we have a Safety 15 yards away.....I'm pretty sure they just threw it 4 yards and converted...but hey, we aren't letting teams get 20+ yards right? -_-

I don't think Gregg is great at math...if teams can easily get 5+ yards every down, eventually it equals the normal 80 yards they have to get after receiving the kick/punt.

This is an absolutely perfect GDT. The 3 year old commentary is priceless. I'm still laughing. My 3 year old, when watching the Browns, was "rooting against the white team" and "Daddy, they lost" since Penn State had a "white out" the night before and our HS team wears ALL BLACK at home. Trying to help her with this basically resulted in me saying "Yep, we're watching the Browns". 

15 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Idk where to put this but apparently Bakers About to go viral with a sex tape. Lol idk how true it is. TMC and some other wack sports writer is saying it. 

https://blacksportsonline.com/home/2018/10/details-on-baker-mayfield-apparently-being-extorted-over-sex-tape-he-sent-to-a-few-ig-models-pics-vid/

We haven’t a sex tape scandal with a high pick since Trent family man Richardson in 2012 or 13. 

It was a nice run we were on. 

So Browns of Mayfield.

Archived